• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups

Raneleigh

Reaction score
Pricing is in.

1) Natural CXL boot = $765 shipped worldwide. Mr Porter will have a very limited run of this in a few weeks. However, seeing that we have over half of the pledges that they have ordered, there is no way they can fulfill demand. We will also price match them, shipped. We will do no less than $5% lower. I will actually keeps this pre-order open for 3 days after Porter drops, because I am confident that we can set demand better, at a better price, because we are a community doing mto, and don't have the same overhead. I doubt that Porter will come in under $800 on this.

2) Cabourn tribute boot = $735

3) Blue collar shitkicker = $720

5) Bison boot (I may make this on a white mini ripple, pm me if that is what you want. That would be the only change.) $710, shipped worldwide where legal.

Remember, once I get this up, you will get your "earnest money" back when you preorder.

Cheers,

Fok.

SO EXCITED!!! TAKE MY MONEY TAKE MY MONEY TAKE MY MONEY!!!!

dsthompson

Reaction score
Pricing is in.

1) Natural CXL boot = $765 shipped worldwide. Mr Porter will have a very limited run of this in a few weeks. However, seeing that we have over half of the pledges that they have ordered, there is no way they can fulfill demand. We will also price match them, shipped. We will do no less than $5% lower. I will actually keeps this pre-order open for 3 days after Porter drops, because I am confident that we can set demand better, at a better price, because we are a community doing mto, and don't have the same overhead. I doubt that Porter will come in under $800 on this.

Wow---I am beyond impressed that y'all are keeping the Natty CXL pre-order open past the Porter drop....

JoeViturbo

Reaction score
I'll probably get the Bison since that's what I voted for. I'm so happy it's getting made.

I'm a little intrigued by the BCSK. the only thing that's holding me back is I'm not sure how to size for the 110 last.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Wow---I am beyond impressed that y'all are keeping the Natty CXL pre-order open past the Porter drop....

They are not getting that many, and they can't possibly match our prices. That, and the demand that will create, is good for us. If you want a guaranteed better price and a guaranteed pair... It's a no brainer. I want everyone to know that if you want something special at a good price, our community is where it's at.

We don't want anyone to feel pressured into a preorder in order to be assured of getting a pair. We want everyone to do it because we are clearly the best choice.

Raneleigh

Reaction score
I'll probably get the Bison since that's what I voted for. I'm so happy it's getting made.

I'm a little intrigued by the BCSK. the only thing that's holding me back is I'm not sure how to size for the 110 last.

I'm the same size in the 110 as all the other lasts, though the 2030 is a little narrow for me in the toebox, so I could size up a half size on the 2030. But in general, I size the same.

Some people size down a half size in the 110 and I have done that before. It's a little short, that is...my toe reaches the tip/front, but it's not uncomfortable, just a snug fit length wise. Width wise it's good. I have to wear thinner socks if I size down a half though. I'd rather take my normal size and be able to wear regular or even thicker type socks.

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You interested in a white mini ripple?

In a 110, I take the same size as the 2030. One important consideration is the thickness and toughness of the oil tan. It's a classic workboot leather. It stretches a lot less than the softer leathers.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They are not getting that many, and they can't possibly match our prices. That, and the demand that will create, is good for us. If you want a guaranteed better price and a guaranteed pair... It's a no brainer. I want everyone to know that if you want something special at a good price, our community is where it's at.

We don't want anyone to feel pressured into a preorder in order to be assured of getting a pair. We want everyone to do it because we are clearly the best choice.
WORD

westie187

Reaction score
Just dumped my OSBs on eBay... stoked for the Natty CXL!

JoeViturbo

Reaction score
I'll admit that I was more interested in the Bison as advertised, with a beige ripple sole. However, I feel a bit obligated to get it now that it's white mini-ripple sole, since I already voted for it.

It's still an interesting shoe, perhaps even more so now. Perhaps someone can photoshop a mock-up with a white mini-ripple to help with the decision-making.

I have a Viberg Derby (2030 last) in 10.5 that was a little tight (and about 1/2 - 3/4 of an inch long) when I first put it on but has since stretched to a comfortable width. I know the 110 is wider but wasn't sure if I should size down. It seems a great risk to buy a shoe in a last that I've never tried on before

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'll admit that I was more interested in the Bison as advertised, with a beige ripple sole. However, I feel a bit obligated to get it now that it's white mini-ripple sole, since I already voted for it.

It's still an interesting shoe, perhaps even more so now. Perhaps someone can photoshop a mock-up with a white mini-ripple to help with the decision-making.

We would not make the change unless all committed parties agreed to it, but both Guy and I agreed that it could look quite cool. One makeup would have more color contrast, the other, more immediately striking sole unit.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We would not make the change unless all committed parties agreed to it, but both Guy and I agreed that it could look quite cool. One makeup would have more color contrast, bringing out the amazing leather, the other, more immediately striking sole unit.

bluedanish

Reaction score
looks like neither boot i put $20 toward is kicking into production :( not that it is a big deal, but it was mentioned the "earnest" money gets refunded AFTER pre-order, since i won't be pre-ordering this round, i will still get it back, correct?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads