• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Thom Browne Suit

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
The obese part was just a South Park joke.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hrm, I've seen like every South Park ever made and I can't place that joke.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kronik
Neither. I'm incredibly black, definitely overweight, but not obese. Oh, and a man. A manly man. Not your type of man.

I'm going to guess....Charles Barkley?

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure one of my compatriots will roll through and post a picture of me either in a pink sweater or paying for a fruity drink.

Nothing like Charles Barkley - maybe in 10 years.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by John Ellis
Imagine the photos in ten years time. Remember polyester leisure suits, sideburns, bell bottoms, frilled blue evening shirts, lapels 15" wide!!!!
Do you think yfyf will be embarassed of his photos in this thread in 10 years? I doubt it. You could name all sorts of differences between Browne and 70s adaptations of men's suiting/formalwear, since Browne's is more of an homage while the latter is a travesty. I agree that following trends is a dangerous game, but it is part of what makes style so interesting--taking a risk that you might later regret.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gaius Pompeius Trimalchio
Do you think yfyf would be embarassed of his photos in this thread in 10 years? I doubt it.

You could name all sorts of differences between Browne and 70s adaptations of men's suiting/formalwear, since Browne's is more of an homage while the latter is a travesty.

I agree that following trends is a dangerous game, but it is part of what makes style so interesting--taking a risk that you might later regret.

isn't it only a travesty in retrospect?

I don't think people thought it was a travesty at the time...or did they. I'm just guessing as I wasn't alive.

I'm not necessarily saying we'll look back on TB as a dated look...especially yfyf's example. However, his longer trousers completely kill the TB "look" and turn it into something a little more mainstream. The extreme look in the first picture, I'm willing to bet, will be looked back on as a 'WTF' design.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I disagree that yfyf's look kills TB's "vision" - he has approximately no break with 3 inch cuffs. Sure, they're not 3 inches off the ground but it's still not "mainstream".

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gaius Pompeius Trimalchio
I agree that following trends is a dangerous game, but it is part of what makes style so interesting--taking a risk that you might later regret.
This is a good point. I would rather do something risky than play it conservative. No sense in trying to speculate future fashion/style trends (which really, are the same thing, despite claims to the opposite).

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Hrm, I've seen like every South Park ever made and I can't place that joke.

I want to say it may be from the Butters balls on chin freak one. But, it was like a Murray type show or something and they were like "Today we have an incredibly obese black man" and then he said "Excuse me! I am an incredibly black obese man!"

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I disagree that yfyf's look kills TB's "vision" - he has approximately no break with 3 inch cuffs. Sure, they're not 3 inches off the ground but it's still not "mainstream".

oh, but it does...and this is according to old Thom himself...

Rule #6: "The trousers should be worn high-waisted so that the cuff of the trouser falls above the ankle."

Rule #10: "The shoes should be worn without socks."
suit-rule-10-1007-sm.jpg

http://www.esquire.com/style/fashion...roperusage1007

Profacio

Reaction score
Neither. I'm incredibly black, definitely overweight, but not obese. Oh, and a man. A manly man. Not your type of man.

South Park or not, I found this quite humorous.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads