• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Suit - Thoughts?

spitfirees20

Reaction score
Originally Posted by derrickrose1
Thoughts on the fit? How does it look? What alterations need to be done?

This suit may or may not have cost me a grand total of $8.38.

P3240212.jpg

More pics in spoiler. Thanks.

P3240203.jpg

P3240206.jpg

P3240207.jpg

P3240209.jpg

P3240210.jpg

P3240211.jpg

P3240212.jpg

P3240217.jpg

Aside from not fitting in a large number of places, the buttoning position makes it look dated. Return it, and put the money towards a book on men's suits. I'm not trying to be mean, and this is the most constructive criticism I can give.

Yorsch

Reaction score
The suit seems too big.
Shoulders little wide.
Bode of the jacket too loose.
Jacket length too long
Jacket sleeves seem a little too loose.
The pants seem too wide and big.

etc...
There is lot to be done.

Even if it would be done, I doubt it will look good or modern...

sportin_life

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The entire suit seems a few sizes too large/long. I wouldn't try to alter it b/c it would cost you a lot and it still wouldn't fit properly.

Can you exchange it for a smaller size? You might also want to change the style. I'm not sure what's wrong with the buttoning stance (mentioned by another poster), but I feel like the lapel style also makes it look slightly dated.

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice try but sometimes cheap means nasty. Donate the suit to Goodwill.

Suit may have been good and current 15 - 20 years ago, but for the forseeable future, I do not think suits will return to that design in a great hurry.

BTW - the suit is a million miles from fitting in a contemporary sense - it is not even close. I forsee expensive alterations with only a 20% chance of working out. When faced with a losing hand, you are best off folding.

derrickrose1

Reaction score
Thanks for opinions, everyone. I didn't really need another suit or anything, I just kind of saw it and figured I'd eat the $8 if it didn't work out.

What are some specific things about the suit itself (not the fit) that make it a piece of crap? I see what people are saying about the lapels being kind of big (although I don't know if that is something that is supposed to be indicative of a crappy suit?), but is there anything else? Just trying to figure out what I should avoid in the future.

tgt465

Reaction score
The large lapels aren't necessarily crappy, just that it makes the suit look old, as most of what comes out these days doesn't look like that. If you're an older guy it might be okay, as people might think you just had something left in your closet from that era. If you're a younger guy, it makes it look like you inherited your grandpa's suit or something like that

Any pics of the back? The vents might also have something to say about the vintage of the suit.

Having said that, probably 95% of the population wouldn't know the difference. You'd just be a guy in a suit, big lapels or not. Fitting the thing properly is another story.

Azzurri

Reaction score
Those pants are WAY too long and baggy. In fact, they are almost covering your shoes.

Agreed on the position of the buttons. They seem a little too low.

bringusingoodale

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It doesn't fit, and it is unlikely you will end up making it fit even you spend hundreds on tailoring. Simple as that. I think its pointless to go beyond this (the button stance, lapels etc).

Wasn't there a recent thread about a jacket that didn't fit and was tailored to no help and the OP still wanted to know if it was worth further work and money?

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The best alteration would be burning it. It does not fit in so many ways that alterations would be waste of money. Just look at how it buttons.

it is also desparately old fashioned and exudes second hand.

club_collar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by derrickrose1
Thanks for opinions, everyone. I didn't really need another suit or anything, I just kind of saw it and figured I'd eat the $8 if it didn't work out.

$8??!???!??

is that how much this suit cost? its a bargain considering fabric alone will cost you more than that. having said that i still wouldn't have bought it

AlexE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks pretty bad and ill-fitting, what makes it worse is that the picture seems distorted (taking a picture through a mirror ********** angles). However, for 8 bucks you might b able to use it as a Halloween costume.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads