• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NEW SHIRTS BESPOKE NAPLES

marcodalondra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

And here are some other nice detail of my shirts bespoke D'Avino. Look at the beauty of all the small folds inside your wrist ..
Turnball & Asser do the gatering at the cuff like that. Personally I do not care for it as to me it looks untidy. I much prefer two neat pleats per side, like Charvet, with one of the internal pleats covering the sleeve seam into the cuff.

Gianni Cerutti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Turnball & Asser do the gatering at the cuff like that. Personally I do not care for it as to me it looks untidy. I much prefer two neat pleats per side, like Charvet, with one of the internal pleats covering the sleeve seam into the cuff.
Thank you for your post .. but D'Avino does what you want ... I liked and what I did do that ... it's the beauty of diversity ... and then the product is made completely of D'Avino hand ... to him ... while the other brands I do not know. Every shirt has its 25 operations done by hand for more than 30 hours of processing.

I also love the 2 folds on the wrist. In fact I have a few shirts that have 2 or even 3 folds on the wrist.

Gianni Cerutti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Although this photo of my shirt D'Avino I had already shown I forgot to explain it.

See those wires that come out of fabric? You know because they are made by D'Avino?

These threads of fabric are the extension of the wires which are attached with the buttons. And with that, WHEN YOU CUT THE BUTTON, will never fall to the ground. is a belt of the button.

The result? The button will not miss ever ... and even that does not do it any more.

Also look all the points made by hand on the gun.

Gianni Cerutti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On Friday I got a new bespoke shirt D'Avino.

And here's the result ... look at the neck. He made me like When there were no stickers. So no glue in the neck. This neck is very soft. Then I love to take it without rods in the neck. This is to have maximum softness.

And as I look Also is wearing. Seems to be part of my skin.

Also look at some pictures and you can see the 25 operations performed Entirely by hand.

Of course I wear my tie a bespoke vintage that I did 2 years ago.

Gianni Cerutti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

And here are some other details of the slots D'Avino. Look at the difference between the slots. The first slot is a slot normal while the neck is a slot to drop. This loop closure allows for a perfect, practical and aesthetic course.

And finally, take a look also at a particular neck intelato, ie without adhesives. For me it is very soft and the feeling when you are wearing it is unique. It seems back in 1940.

JLopez

Reaction score
Gianni, very nice shirts.

What is the price's range inluding the fabric?

Thanks,

Freddy Vandecasteele

Reaction score
Very interesting thread
You say that it takes this maker 30 hours, and that he charges 120 Euros.
By my calculation that is 4 Euros an hour, That makes no sense.
I like that you include a partial picture of you wearing the shirt,
In my opinion the colar does not fit well it looks to thight , and even with a soft collar
you should not have an indet on top of the collar.
It takes me 7 hours to make a machine shirt it should not take more than 10 hour to make the shirt you are showing.
I thank you for this thread very interesting
Freddy Vandecasteele

Last edited:

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
During the journey from the airport to his lab, he told me about his life. A life spent in the world of bespoke shirt . He is a son of art. His mother and grandmother were already bespoke shirts to ancient nobles of Naples. They were also skilled embroiderers . So as a child he learned it all really. and if it was not enough as his mother sent him in secret to learn from the father of Neapolitan shirt . or the teacher Gino Borrelli ... totally different from his son Luigi Borrelli . And then D'Avino has learned and further in-depth technical and capacity. In fact, while he was with Gino Borrelli has created the shirts for the most important people on earth.

But he never gave up his dream. That is, to create a bespoke his small workshop . In this workshop was born in my opinion the most beautiful Neapolitan shirt that I have seen in my life.

And a key feature of D' Avino is that of not being a conceited person . He does what you ask . I was real protagonist of my bespoke shirt .

When we arrived in his laboratory has treated me like a king. I was immediately put me at ease . I took the action , I told him what I wanted. And he immediately noticed a small flaw in my shoulder. Thing that no one could see . And that's why my little problem made ​​me come back 2 more times to him. So I did 2-ply test . The result? My shirt is perfect. And until now there was no one ever succeeded.

Even as tissue uses the best on the world market . Use Carlo Riva and in addition has all tissues that are also coming to the 300 title . Wonderful !

Now I am getting the other shirts with neck canvassed without adhesive . As it was in 1800. I can not wait to be able to show my new shirts.

The photos you see I've taken my first visit in his laboratory. They are the testimony of some of the 25 steps by hand. while the first 3 shirts as you understand by the initials are my top 3 bespoke shirt by D'Avino. As soon as I get the other 3 I'll show you ... and I'll show you even wear

I really hope I have supplied an unknown address in the hands of a great craftsman of bespoke

LOL! Gotta love Google Translate

Last edited:

VRaivio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Always a pleasure to hear or read of a new Master. I still amuse myself with the idea of a Neapolitan little old lady hidden in some barely standing building, doing what she does best with the knowledge of seven generations, making bespoke socks from the eyelashes of unborn vicunas.

Gianni Cerutti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gianni, very nice shirts.

What is the price's range inluding the fabric?

Thanks,
Thanks for the nice words. Really.

The cost of a bespoke D'Avino with 25 more hand operations to a good fabric on us 250 Euros.

Now I have 3 other shirts in the works ... I'll show you a short images.

Gianni Cerutti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very interesting thread
You say that it takes this maker 30 hours, and that he charges 120 Euros.
By my calculation that is 4 Euros an hour, That makes no sense.
I like that you include a partial picture of you wearing the shirt,
In my opinion the colar does not fit well it looks to thight , and even with a soft collar
you should not have an indet on top of the collar.
It takes me 7 hours to make a machine shirt it should not take more than 10 hour to make the shirt you are showing.
I thank you for this thread very interesting
Freddy Vandecasteele
Hello Freddy,

thank you for your intervention. Although I really like this discussion craftsmanship.

But the cost is a cost of D'Avino family. He works with his sister and cousin. So there is never a work plan as a big company. is purely family. And then he really is a very honest person.

Anyway, the neck intelato that made me really soft.

And frankly at that cost who makes you 25 steps by hand?

I'll show you my short 3 new bespoke shirts in the works.

Let me know what you think.

Gianni

Freddy Vandecasteele

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply
I my self work alone and have no sister or cousins that I have not to pay
I am sure your guy makes a very fine shirt
I can only comment of what you are posting
What I see on the forums , Naples and hand work gives you a free passage
I liked all the pictures you posted of the hand work,some looked very messy.
but that is the what hand work is also even after pressing it does not look
very clean.
We all shirtmakers all over the world are trying to promote our business
I myself could make a shirt by hand I have the dexterity and flexibility to do it,
To me it does not look clean and I think proper fit is more importent.
Show us how the shirt fits!
Freddy Vandecasteele

Gianni Cerutti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

And here's my other 3 bespoke D'Avino in the process ... I have always made do with the neck intelato without adhesive inside ... like in the early 1900s. Here you can some of the pieces that make up the shirt then. You can catch a glimpse of the neck and wrists. I can not wait to receive them re ... especially the orange and the stripes.

bespokenfor

Reaction score
Gianni, i am starting to get frustrated with your infomercial threads. i agree with Freddy. No shirt takes 30 hours and 250 euros is very steep. in addition although we all know sir pirozzi is a maker of the highest caliber what is the point of shilling him on style forum. At his age and given his strong local trade there is no possibility for him to visit the readers that you are pumping him to. you are beginning to remind me of simon crompton.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads