• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Styleforum User reports and questions on technical issues

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Will the watched threads page have any kind of "smart" system, where it learns which threads we read the most and move them to the top of the page?

On the old site, I liked how my watched page essentially just kept my most-visited threads at the top of the list. This new site gives me a bunch of pages of watched threads, but I have to flip through everything to remember my usual spots.

Is it possible to have some kind of smart algorithm that learns our behavior and moves frequented threads to the top?

DWFII

Bespoke Boot and Shoemaker
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
OK, I have...blundering around,mostly...found my way to my Album in Galleries. Again, as far as I can tell all my old images are there although only a small protion of them are showing up in the Media Gallery Embed.

When I get to My Album, however, I cannot find a way to embed an image from there nor delete an image from that default album.

Is it me? Is it Zenforo?

How do I access the images in my album such that I can use them in posts?

How do I access the images in my album such that I can delete them?

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi @LA Guy, not sure if this is a known issue you are fixing, but although I unchecked both show your online status and show your current activity options in the privacy setting, both my online status and activity are still being tracked and displayed.

Same problem here.

Cheers,

Ac

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same problem here.

Cheers,

Ac
You are always visible to yourself. We tested this the other day (you can see this earlier in the thread), and others (mods and admins excepted) cannot see you.

Cheers,

Fok.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, I just posted some photos to a thread from one of may albums. I had developed a workflow of uploading photos to my albums and then posting them from the album. Previously, they would just show up as normal photos. Now they show up like this:

upload_2017-4-27_11-27-13.png

I'm not really a fan of that. I think most people would just like to see the photo without the tabs above. Is it possible to set the default to photos posted from albums to show up as normal photos? If not, is it possible to make it an option?

Also, under the Information tab, I found that the EXIF data is uploaded with the photo. Personally, I think the default should be not to include the EXIF data when someone uploads a photo. If they want it it included, an option is fine. But that shouldn't be the default.

And thanks to the team for continuing to work on the issues that everyone is bringing up. It's appreciated!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, I just posted some photos to a thread from one of may albums. I had developed a workflow of uploading photos to my albums and then posting them from the album. Previously, they would just show up as normal photos. Now they show up like this:

View attachment 136890

I'm not really a fan of that. I think most people would just like to see the photo without the tabs above. Is it possible to set the default to photos posted from albums to show up as normal photos? If not, is it possible to make it an option?

Also, under the Information tab, I found that the EXIF data is uploaded with the photo. Personally, I think the default should be not to include the EXIF data when someone uploads a photo. If they want it it included, an option is fine. But that shouldn't be the default.

And thanks to the team for continuing to work on the issues that everyone is bringing up. It's appreciated!

I'll let @admin take this one.

Curious about your opinion re. the EXIF data. So, tbh, I had to google that. Why would you want or not want that? Just curious.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Curious about your opinion re. the EXIF data. So, tbh, I had to google that. Why would you want or not want that? Just curious.

As preface, I'll concede that privacy in the digital age is perhaps an illusory concept, particularly for dudes posting selfies on the internet. I nevertheless think a lot of people would prefer not to have potentially identifiable information published with their photos--e.g. the model and make of the phone or camera that they're using. Geolocation is also part of the EXIF standard. The forum isn't displaying that information. I suspect most people would prefer that the forum not upload that information with the photo. Defaulting to not uploading any EXIF info would address those concerns. If that's not possible, letting people opt out or define which data to upload and display would at least allow users to decide.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
What's a normal number of "robots" that are viewing the thread at any given time? Just wondering when there is an uptick whether such activity could/should be reported? Given that I'm on Central European Time, I often view the forum at times that are relatively quiet but see when spammers hop on to post. It's been a while since I've seen mass postings, but just thought I'd ask.

Having said that, if there's a need for oversight, I'm always willing.

Edited to add: I may have misinterpreted the term "robot," in which case feel free to ignore.

Screen Shot 2017-04-27 at 20.53.55.png

DWFII

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

admin

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
What's a normal number of "robots" that are viewing the thread at any given time? Just wondering when there is an uptick whether such activity could/should be reported? Given that I'm on Central European Time, I often view the forum at times that are relatively quiet but see when spammers hop on to post. It's been a while since I've seen mass postings, but just thought I'd ask.

Having said that, if there's a need for oversight, I'm always willing.

Edited to add: I may have misinterpreted the term "robot," in which case feel free to ignore.

View attachment 136920
Robots are Google, Bing, etc. crawling the site.

admin

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
As preface, I'll concede that privacy in the digital age is perhaps an illusory concept, particularly for dudes posting selfies on the internet. I nevertheless think a lot of people would prefer not to have potentially identifiable information published with their photos--e.g. the model and make of the phone or camera that they're using. Geolocation is also part of the EXIF standard. The forum isn't displaying that information. I suspect most people would prefer that the forum not upload that information with the photo. Defaulting to not uploading any EXIF info would address those concerns. If that's not possible, letting people opt out or define which data to upload and display would at least allow users to decide.
I agree with you. I'm working to make it an option or turn it off. Also I'm looking into those tabs on the photo display.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How did you do that?

At the top of the reply box, you should see a camera icon. If you click that, a gallery of "Your Media"s should appear at the bottom of the box. You can select images from there. They only display in reverse chronological order.

Be aware that when you select an image, text is automatically added with the name of the image file and the date and time that you uploaded it. You can delete that and just leave the "[gallery]" tags.

@admin It would be great if the "Your Media" tab showed your albums, which you could select and then choose images from within an album. Thanks for your work on this stuff!

upload_2017-4-27_13-11-57.png

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Robots are Google, Bing, etc. crawling the site.

Thank you for explaining what "robots" are. When I saw "robots" listed as those online, I thought of something completely different (like these two with me).

Although I now know what "robots" on Styleforum are I still can't figure out how to have the pictures appear in the order I post them (like on the old version old Styleforum) rather than in reverse order (as they did the one time recently I tried) and how to create spaces between pictures to add captions (like on the old version of Styleforum).

Thank you for any help.

P1030861 2.JPG

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for explaining what "robots" are. When I saw "robots" listed as those online, I thought of something completely different (like these two with me).

Although I now know what "robots" on Styleforum are I still can't figure out how to have the pictures appear in the order I post them (like on the old version old Styleforum) rather than in reverse order (as they did the one time recently I tried) and how to create spaces between pictures to add captions (like on the old version of Styleforum).

Thank you for any help.

View attachment 137046
Hi Roy,

You can attach files normally. Attach more than one file. On top of the thumbnails, you will see a icon that looks like a 4 photos in a row. Click "Full image" beside that, and then your images will appear in the post. You can then cut and paste, or drag and drop, into the order you want them. Clicking beside an image, and then pressing "enter" will insert line breaks.

Here, I will do this as a live test:
vans-classic-slip-on-braided-suede-wild-dove.jpg

shoulder - moto - Aero.jpg

Lots of space here.

bag stock.jpg

DWFII

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
At the top of the reply box, you should see a camera icon. If you click that, a gallery of "Your Media"s should appear at the bottom of the box. You can select images from there. They only display in reverse chronological order.

Be aware that when you select an image, text is automatically added with the name of the image file and the date and time that you uploaded it. You can delete that and just leave the "[gallery]" tags.

Yeah, I already got that far (but thank you for taking the time) problem is that I've got six (?) pages of images in my album but only one shows up when I click the camera icon.

I would be perfectly willing to rebuild my gallery or start a new album but if the camera icon isn't working properly, it would just be wasted effort.

I might as well just upload directly from my HD when I post...upload images that are already embedded in my album. The downside there is that I will then have duplicates (triplicates?) of photos, etc. being stored on the SF server. Not so good in the long term--for me it makes no difference but for the forum it is unnecessary clutter that takes up server space.

Esp. if I don't have the ability to go into my album and delete those dupes.

I don't know whether this is being worked on or if it is unfixable or if I'm just not making my question clear but so far I've not had any input on this issue that solves the problem I'm seeing.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads