• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Playoff Picture

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Jets/Rams is not over yet, but thus far:

NFC:

Eagles
Falcons
Packers
Seattle
Vikings
Rams

Wild Card round:

Packers over Vikings
Rams over Seattle

Divisional Round:

Eagles over Rams
Packers over Falcons

Conference Championship:

Packers over Eagles

AFC:

Steelers
Pats
Colts
San Diego
Jets
Denver

Wild Card round:

Colts over Denver (rematch of last season)
Chargers over Jets

Divisional Round:

Chargers over Steelers
Pats over Colts

Conference Championship:

Pats over Chargers

Superbowl:

Pats over Packers

alaaro

Reaction score
Instead of debating the uncertain, let's talk about how the Redskins defense is the friggin bomb, and we tore apart the Vikings. The game was not as close as the score showed, we ate up Daunte and shut down Moss, except for one play.

If only our offense could produce some points.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Actually if the Vikings line had not had two holding calls and if Burleson hadn't dropped that pass, the Redskins would have given up 39 points to the Vikings, so I wouldn't be too proud of that defense just yet...

alaaro

Reaction score
On the flipside, if Daunte had been called for the three intentional groundings that he did that were ignored, and if the skins hadn't been called for the tickytack roughing the passer that they got hit with, three of the Vikings best offensive series would have been quashed.

#2 aint that bad. only 100 yds or so behind the steelers.

johnw86

Reaction score
I only saw the first half, but I have to say my Vikings suck this year (again). Piss-poor play selection and (often) inept execution. "Gee, let's try another draw play up the gut. Hasn't worked yet--maybe it'll fake out the defense THIS time..."

Can't believe Tice got his contract extension.

Can't believe they made the playoffs...they didn't earn it; they don't deserve it.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I thought the game was called pretty clean, one of the holding calls was really questionable, as he was tangled up with the blocker and it was completely irrelevant to the play as Culpepper was like 20 yards away, in any case, anytime you have more than one touchdown nullified by penalty and win by less than a TD, you should consider yourself lucky. The Redskins would be a pretty good team if they got themselves a QB.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Redskins would be a pretty good team if they got themselves a QB.
Patrick Ramsey is perfectly adequate.  Gibbs has never needed a top-flight quarterback (see Joe Theismann, Doug Williams, Mark Rypien) to win championships.  What Gibbs needs to do to turn the team around is completely retool the offense.  His max protect system is detracting from the passing game, and he needs to redesign the blocking schemes to take advantage of Portis's cutback style of running.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think that may have worked in the era that he played in, but if he wants to field a team capable of contending for a superbowl, IMO he needs a playmaker at QB. Teams like Tampa and Baltimore winning superbowls were abberations IMO.

nightowl6261a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be a cold cruel way to end a season if the legs of Vick were to beat the wings of Philly all because of a lost TO....ironic isn't it, however I think hard to phathom...but as an Atlantan, it would be nice, and miracles do sometimes happen in mysterious ways.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think Atlanta should worry about making the championship game first, they don't have an easy matchup against GB, who will really test their defense...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads