1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

New Playoff Picture

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by drizzt3117, Jan 2, 2005.

1. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Stylish Dinosaur

Jets/Rams is not over yet, but thus far:

NFC:

Eagles
    Falcons
    Packers
    Seattle
    Vikings
    Rams

Wild Card round:

Packers over Vikings
    Rams over Seattle

Divisional Round:

Eagles over Rams
    Packers over Falcons

Conference Championship:

Packers over Eagles

AFC:

Steelers
    Pats
    Colts
    San Diego
    Jets
    Denver

Wild Card round:

Colts over Denver (rematch of last season)
    Chargers over Jets

Divisional Round:

Chargers over Steelers
    Pats over Colts

Conference Championship:

Pats over Chargers

Superbowl:

Pats over Packers

2. alaaro

alaaro Senior Member

Instead of debating the uncertain, let's talk about how the Redskins defense is the friggin bomb, and we tore apart the Vikings. The game was not as close as the score showed, we ate up Daunte and shut down Moss, except for one play.

If only our offense could produce some points.

3. drizzt3117

Actually if the Vikings line had not had two holding calls and if Burleson hadn't dropped that pass, the Redskins would have given up 39 points to the Vikings, so I wouldn't be too proud of that defense just yet...

4. alaaro

alaaro Senior Member

On the flipside, if Daunte had been called for the three intentional groundings that he did that were ignored, and if the skins hadn't been called for the tickytack roughing the passer that they got hit with, three of the Vikings best offensive series would have been quashed.

#2 aint that bad. only 100 yds or so behind the steelers.

5. johnw86

johnw86 Senior Member

I only saw the first half, but I have to say my Vikings suck this year (again). Piss-poor play selection and (often) inept execution. "Gee, let's try another draw play up the gut. Hasn't worked yet--maybe it'll fake out the defense THIS time..."

Can't believe Tice got his contract extension.

Can't believe they made the playoffs...they didn't earn it; they don't deserve it.

6. drizzt3117

I thought the game was called pretty clean, one of the holding calls was really questionable, as he was tangled up with the blocker and it was completely irrelevant to the play as Culpepper was like 20 yards away, in any case, anytime you have more than one touchdown nullified by penalty and win by less than a TD, you should consider yourself lucky. The Redskins would be a pretty good team if they got themselves a QB.

7. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Distinguished Member

Patrick Ramsey is perfectly adequate.  Gibbs has never needed a top-flight quarterback (see Joe Theismann, Doug Williams, Mark Rypien) to win championships.  What Gibbs needs to do to turn the team around is completely retool the offense.  His max protect system is detracting from the passing game, and he needs to redesign the blocking schemes to take advantage of Portis's cutback style of running.

8. drizzt3117

I think that may have worked in the era that he played in, but if he wants to field a team capable of contending for a superbowl, IMO he needs a playmaker at QB. Teams like Tampa and Baltimore winning superbowls were abberations IMO.

9. nightowl6261a

nightowl6261a Distinguished Member

Wouldn't it be a cold cruel way to end a season if the legs of Vick were to beat the wings of Philly all because of a lost TO....ironic isn't it, however I think hard to phathom...but as an Atlantan, it would be nice, and miracles do sometimes happen in mysterious ways.

10. drizzt3117

I think Atlanta should worry about making the championship game first, they don't have an easy matchup against GB, who will really test their defense...