• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Levi's rigid jacket? (Type 1)

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I dont know about this reissue, but the LVC 506xx type I shrank about a half size which made it just right, as it was a bit larger than I liked when I first got it and it was raw selvage denim. The sleeves shrank about 1.5" and the overall fit got about 1" tighter all around

Slamdog

Reaction score
on a side note, i have a levi's slim trucker jacket bnwt, was too slim for my body. if anyone wants to buy it PM me. sz M
truckerfront.jpg

jeansandtshirt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kapay
I actually bought this jacket in Las Vegas a couple days ago. It fits larger than normal so I'm hoping it'll shrink after a long warm soak. I asked 4 employees and no one could tell me with certainty that it's Shrink-to-fit but guesstimated I was correct in assuming it would be.

Feel free to take pics, especially of the buckle detail, since Levi's left that up in the air. I'd also be interested in seeing a pic of the tag if someone would be so kind.
smile.gif

kapay

Reaction score
Here's a picture of the backside, if you guys want a close up let me know.
back_01.jpg
The measurements of the small as I see them are... Pit-to-pit 19.5 in Arm inseam 20.25 Cuff opening 4.5 Waist opening 18.5 Pit-to-waist rise 14.5 Shoulder 17.5

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice. I wonder if it has the buckle in the back.

Mr Sola

Reaction score
Is it selvedge?

mizanation

Reaction score
type 1 is the original denim "blouse" that levi's made back in the day.

type 2 added a second chest pocket.

type 3 is what we know as the iconic levi's trucker jacket. which was a response to lee's 101 rider's jacket.

p.trick

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bonanz
how is the denim? It's not current day stf is it?

Actually it is. I wasn't sure at first, so I placed the two side-by-side to compare and they were identical both in color and in texture.

bonanz

Reaction score
I guess it was a dumb question as that makes sense with the price...bummer on that though

Zazamoot

Reaction score
I became impatient with the mail and hit a Levi's store while in NYC today. I was pretty disappointed with this jacket. It's fairly boxy and even the small sat lumpy on my shoulders. Shrinking it or breaking it in might have helped, but instead I grabbed a capital e slim trucker, which I'm very happy with. I'll probably return my type 1 when it arrives.

While there is no way I could justify spending much more than $50 on a denim jacket with the slim trucker on sale... :

http://www.cultizm.com/shop/product_...KET-RIGID.html

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads