• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Blank Label Shirt

JustNewman

Reaction score
I just got a new Blank Label shirt in the mail and I am not satisfied with the fit (or the material, honestly). I am trying to get perfect measurements so I can just order all the shirts I need. This is my first MTM shirt and I would appreciate any input on the sizing. It is wrinkled because it is straight out of the box. The first thing I see is that the arms seem too big.

Thanks.

Here are the adjustments that I am planning:

3/4" off arm length
1" off each side at waist
1/2" off each side at hip
3/4" off arm width
No monogram

Last edited:

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have seen a lot worse.

rule #1 wash and press the shirt at least once before posting.
shirts shrink, it is easier to assess the fit with the shrinkage allowance removed.

sleeves are too long
and yoke is a bit long
are you looking for a more fitted shirt?
don't touch the chest
reduce the waist and inch or two , or just add some darts
reduce the hips an inch

the monogram is a bit much. on this shirt.

whats wrong with the fabric. it feels smooth on my computer screen.

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
to me it looks about an inch or two big in every dimension. Sleeves definitely need to come up and it could stand more taper at the waist. The monogram looks bad on this color shirt. In fact, this is not a color shirt I feel looks good on anybody. The darker blue shirt with black pants look screams "i sell cellphones at the mall".

sorry

JustNewman

Reaction score
I have seen a lot worse.
rule #1 wash and press the shirt at least once before posting.
shirts shrink, it is easier to assess the fit with the shrinkage allowance removed.
sleeves are too long
and yoke is a bit long
are you looking for a more fitted shirt?
don't touch the chest
reduce the waist and inch or two , or just add some darts
reduce the hips an inch
the monogram is a bit much. on this shirt.
whats wrong with the fabric. it feels smooth on my computer screen.

Thanks for the detailed input! I will wash and press it before deciding exactly what needs done. Yes, I am looking for a more fitted shirt. Obviously, I expect much better from a MTM shirt but this is a first run so we will see how good Blank Label customer service is.

Last edited:

JustNewman

Reaction score
to me it looks about an inch or two big in every dimension. Sleeves definitely need to come up and it could stand more taper at the waist. The monogram looks bad on this color shirt. In fact, this is not a color shirt I feel looks good on anybody. The darker blue shirt with black pants look screams "i sell cellphones at the mall".
sorry

No problem at all, man. Constructive criticism is always welcomed. Plus, after many years in the military, I can take the abuse... I agree that the monogram looks like crap. As far as the color combination, this is not meant to be worn together. The pants just happened to come back from the tailor the same day as the shirt came in.

JustNewman

Reaction score
I have updated the photos after washing and ironing the shirt. Here are the adjustments that I plan on sending for my one free remake:

3/4" off arm length
1" off each side at waist
1/2" off each side at hip
3/4" off arm width
No monogram

Any input is appreciated. I really want to get this remake right so I can have a good template for future shirts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads