• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Barneys Suede Chelseas 9.5/10 ($75); 36s/37s sportcoat (Free)

scruff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just picked up these Chelseas at the Warehouse Sale for $60ish and they're about a half-size too big. All sales are final, so I'm hoping to sell these off and buy a smaller pair later today. Worn once around the carpeted office, for about 30 minutes; there is a bit of shop wear to the suede, though, which you can see in the pictures - should come out w/ a quick cleaning.

Great boots overall - made in Italy, excellent construction, very soft chocolate suede. The ankle fit is tight, but not uncomfortable; it'll loosen up after a couple of wears. They are marked 9.5D, but fit more like a 10D. Thanks to the ankle support and stretch-ready suede, these will fit anywhere from a 9.5D to a 10EE.

Outsole Measurements - 12.5" long, 4 3/8" wide.

Asking for what I paid + a bit more to cover paypal and shipping - $65 CONUS

DSC_0981.jpg

DSC_0984.jpg

DSC_0986.jpg

DSC_0987.jpg

DSC_0988.jpg

DSC_0989.jpg

Bespoke sportcoat made by Vaish Tailors in New Delhi. Fabric is 12oz brown glen plaid (blue and red accents) I picked up from Paul Stuart last year. Fused construction, but fusing's very light. 3-roll-2.5, working button cuffs, fully lined, double-vents, ticket pocket, flap pockets (pic just shows them tucked in). All in all a nice casual jacket (looks great with jeans and moleskins), but it's a full size too small on me (the house style at Vaish is to make jackets snug...too snug in this case). I had it made over the summer and have worn it two or three times. It's obviously untagged, but would fit a 37s comfortably and a 36s with room to layer. I just want you to cover shipping, so let's make it SOLD.

DSC_0990.jpg

DSC_0992.jpg

DSC_0994.jpg

DSC_0991.jpg

DSC_0993.jpg

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll take the sportcoat if stjobs doesn't.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Very generous of you.

Does the sportcoat have besom pockets with a besom ticket pocket?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads