• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Netherlands Tailor

techstyles

Reaction score
Looking for a recommendation for a good tailor in the Netherlands. I just moved to Utrecht but do not mind travelling to other cities.

Here is what I need:

About 20 shirts slimmed down and perhaps sleeves shortened. Pretty basic work and expect i all to be machine sewed.

Surgeon cuffs (handsewn button holes) on two jackets. Perhaps some shaping of another jacket.

These two projects can be done by two different tailors. I would like to get the work done well, but also do it as eonomically as possible.

Thanks in advance...

Lachlan

Reaction score
I'm not sure about alterationists in the area, but you could contact New Tailor in Utrecht and they might point you in the right direction. I do not think they do alterations just Maatkleding. Could look into Iffet Kledingreparatie off Amsterdamsestraatweg

CHITON

Reaction score
I lived in The Netherlands for slightly more than 4 years and I had a serious trouble finding a competent tailor. The majority of them will simply do a poor job. Apart from the poor quality of tailors I greatly enjoyed living there. Utrecht is full of lovely and single Dutch girls (because of the University; mostly Humanities). Therefore in case you are single, expect to have some seriously fun time.

Wicky

Reaction score
Generally recommended by some top notch men stores for more complex work (and I have some very good experiences with them), a little bit on the pricy side compared to some others and also not the fastest service:

Oerlemans Confectie / 'T Kleermakertje
Rembrandtweg 364
1181 HC Amstelveen
Telefoon: + 31 20 - 6454138

I brought some Kiton and Attolini stuff to them. For surgeon cuffs you can choose, machine made or handmade, obviously latter one is more expensive.

For simpler work (e.g. taking in shirts there is one in the Kinkerstraat in Amsterdam, forgot the name though).

Lachlan

Reaction score
There are two competent Tailors for Bespoke Suits in the Netherlands IMO

Paul Verschragen uit Den Haag and Cees Janssens uit Utrecht. Then Again if you can afford it London and Paris are only a couple of hours away if you do not want a Dutch kleermaker.

Then again, we are talking about repairs and alterations, just contact the above they wil point you in the right direction

CHITON

Reaction score
Originally Posted by techstyles
Heel erg bedankt voor de informatie, allemaal...

You are learning fast
lol8[1].gif

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heel goed, techstyles. Heb je iets gedaan met de informatie?

techstyles

Reaction score
Van dag ga ik naar Amsterdam voor een conventie of so iets, en misschien wil ik mijn pak meenemen. Als niet, dan ik ga naar Kees Janssens bellen. BTW- Chiton, ik ben vertrouwd, maar ik kan kijken! Ik hou van die amazons hier...
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads