• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need some advice

Lind1985

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm new here. My name is Lindsey. I came here to seek your help, I have a male friend who is 27 years old and is single. He has been unable to get a girlfriend for a little over a year ago, when he got out of a 7 year relationship. Well now he is having a really hard time just even getting dates. He is super confident and is able to accept rejection well, he talks to the girls but he never gets a number or even ask to see each other again. He told what he does and to be honest the way he does it how a lot of guys do it, that's how my bf got me. He goes to bars, coffee shops, online dating sites and he just can't seem to get a date. I've known him most of his life. I feel like I may be partial so I wanted to ask for others opinion. First thing I'd like to say is yes he does have standards which I don't think a guy should have to give up to get a date. Since he has an athletic body he wants someone with a similar body type. I have attached some images he sent me that he had on a dating site. Do you guys think he needs to change like his style or his appearance (hair cut, color etc) or anything else? I figured he would never ask for help so I decided to :)

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads