• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need help finding...

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Sorry, did I break streetwear/ denim rule?

I tried searching and searching and it is very hard to pin down where to get what i want...

Here are a couple of photos of jeans I am looking to get , not specifically, but something close to it.

rrds_front.jpg

2210833128_48204e02f7.jpg
2210038879_3580de38b7.jpg

Any premium brand that has a very heavy thick denim that is in that pure , rich medium-blue color with that obvious contrasting whiskering and honeycombing (but tastefully done) in a slim ,straight leg (or boot cut) , fade on thigh and seat for depth-look. not skinny jeans though.
anything under 300 dollars.

Thanks for any help!

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Brian, are you looking to buy something raw that will whisker and fade over time with colors similar to the picture, or are you looking to buy something that is pre-broken in?

If the former, based on relatively limited experience, 5EP might be a good choice. I have the LDB's, and I think they're close to what you're looking for.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
Brian, are you looking to buy something raw that will whisker and fade over time with colors similar to the picture, or are you looking to buy something that is pre-broken in?

If the former, based on relatively limited experience, 5EP might be a good choice. I have the LDB's, and I think they're close to what you're looking for.

nice to know you are into this too LD.

i would like preferably something that is pre-broken in by the manufacturer like the PRPS in the second photo. although the nudie in the first photo is exemplary.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoe
i would like preferably something that is pre-broken in by the manufacturer like the PRPS in the second photo.

No they aren't. They were purchased as raw jeans, PRPS "New Fit" if my memory serves correctly. The awesome contrast is due to months of hard wear and some washing.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I don't think it's made anymore, but Nudie had a wash called "True Blue" that looked a lot like the top pic

I havent seen that wash in a couple years so I dont think it's around anymore

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
Brian, are you looking to buy something raw that will whisker and fade over time with colors similar to the picture, or are you looking to buy something that is pre-broken in? If the former, based on relatively limited experience, 5EP might be a good choice. I have the LDB's, and I think they're close to what you're looking for.
To be fair, 5EP also makes an excellent washed jean.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
thank you for your info everyone. that is interesting the PRPS is worn in from raw.
although that is fine , i can do that, but

most 'raw' jeans i see are usually that really dark indigo /midnight blue color.

what i am looking for is that soft , rich mid-blue color like in the photos.

or
is that the color it turns to when raw indigo? dark midnight blue gets broken in?

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
Have you looked at the other offerings from Nudie Jeans? Yoox has a bunch in various washes for good prices right now: http://www1.yoox.com/searchresult.as...tskay/3FD17CD7

Based on how they look on their models, I'm guessing that most of the cuts will be the Bootcut Ola's or the Regular Ralf's.

robin, if i wear a 32x32 in most jeans,

what size would i be getting in Nudies above ? they seem to be all 34 length; do they run short?
i had the trouble of a PRPS jean have the honeycombing behind the knee fall on my calf because it was slightly longer than 32 true.

landho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is that the color it turns to when raw indigo? dark midnight blue gets broken in?

Yes sir, with aggressive wearing and after washing.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
robin, if i wear a 32x32 in most jeans,

what size would i be getting in Nudies above ? they seem to be all 34 length; do they run short?
i had the trouble of a PRPS jean have the honeycombing behind the knee fall on my calf because it was slightly longer than 32 true.

In my experience, most of the inseams on Nudies run true to size.

Musselma

Reaction score
I hear 5EPs fade nicely, but I'll be damned if i can find pics, and mine stretched out like crazy to the point that sometimes I feel like i'm wearing some parachute pants because i got used to my much tighter straight svens, so I don't find myself wearing them often to have them broken in yet
frown.gif

redgrail

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are both broken in raw jeans with somewhere around 7-8 months under their belt and a few washes.
One looks like a Nudie RRDS, the other a Prps New Fit. You can't manufacture honeycombs and whiskers like that. Tell-tale signs these aren't pre-wash jeans: what looks like a zippo or something in the coin pocket on the Nudies, the wallet fade with a little "bump" on it (most likely a little label or rivet or something on the wallet) on the Prps.
You can get some pretty decent washed jeans, but I doubt you'll find anything that looks close to these two.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by redgrail
Those are both broken in raw jeans with somewhere around 7-8 months under their belt and a few washes.
One looks like a Nudie RRDS, the other a Prps New Fit. You can't manufacture honeycombs and whiskers like that. Tell-tale signs these aren't pre-wash jeans: what looks like a zippo or something in the coin pocket on the Nudies, the wallet fade with a little "bump" on it (most likely a little label or rivet or something on the wallet) on the Prps.
You can get some pretty decent washed jeans, but I doubt you'll find anything that looks close to these two.

ok so i got to buy a raw denim. only one color for raw , right? there is no medium blue raw like above , no?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads