• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NBA Offseason Thread - Update: Rasheed Wallace to Boston

veeevo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
Perkins is a better defender than Wallace. Perkins is only 25 years old and Wallace is 35 years old. Perkins can body anyone on the key, he did well against Howard in the playoffs. Dude hustles a lot too. Wallace is unpredictable, you'll never know which Wallace will show up. In offense, sure I'll pick Wallace but on defense, I'll stick to Perkins.

+1

I was really impressed with the way he defended howard on many key possesions, but for now with Wallace's IQ + experience i'm gonna give the edge to wallace + he can stroke the 3 for a big.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Orlando isn't done with the off-season yet.

Orlando Signs Jason Williams

Aug 19, 2009 4:01 PM EST
The Magic have signed free agent guard Jason Williams, General Manager Otis Smith announced on Wednesday.

RealGM's Alex Kennedy reported earlier on Wednesday that Orlando would sign Williams. "Jason (Williams) provides depth and leadership to our backcourt," said Smith. "He is a veteran point guard that knows what it takes to help us reach our ultimate goal. We are excited to add him to our team." Williams did not play during the 2008-09 season after announcing his retirement last September.
They found a decent back up PG.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by track309
Is he even a factor anymore? Wasn't he on the bench most of the time last year?

He was retired last year, he retired instead of going to the Clippers.
laugh.gif

Although Alston was a big loss, SVG really wouldn't know how to play Nelson and Alston in the same team. There will be animosity there whoever starts. With Williams, at least he can relieve 5-10 minutes from Nelson and can actually pass and shoot, I'll take him over the aging Anthony Johnson any day. He'll give good to decent quality minutes and his risk of being injured is lessen being a bench player.

darvin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
He was retired last year, he retired instead of going to the Clippers.
laugh.gif

Although Alston was a big loss, SVG really wouldn't know how to play Nelson and Alston in the same team. There will be animosity there whoever starts. With Williams, at least he can relieve 5-10 minutes from Nelson and can actually pass and shoot, I'll take him over the aging Anthony Johnson any day. He'll give good to decent quality minutes and his risk of being injured is lessen being a bench player.

White chocolate hasn't played for two years, but all he needs to do is stick open jumpers and make pretty passes to Dwight, Vince and Shard. Should serve well as a backup.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Iverson tweet: He's going to Memphis

Is one of the league's smallest markets big enough for O.J. Mayo, Rudy Gay, Zach Randolph and Allen Iverson?

The NBA is about to find out.

After a drawn-out recruitment by the Memphis Grizzlies, Iverson finally confirmed Wednesday morning that he is indeed ready to sign with them, announcing via his Twitter feed: "God Chose Memphis as the place that I will continue my career."

Referring to a Monday meeting with Grizzlies owner Michael Heisley, general manager Chris Wallace and head coach Lionel Hollins, Iverson added: "I feel that they are committed to developing a winner and I know that I can help them to accomplish that. I feel that I can trust them."

The Grizzlies are believed to be offering Iverson a one-year deal worth $3.5 million, which is far less than the nearly $21 million he earned last season in Denver and Detroit but more than anyone else was prepared to pay the 34-year-old.

At Heisley's behest, Memphis has been pursuing Iverson since July, ignoring concerns about his willingness to accept a reserve role or his ability to coexist in the same offense with Mayo, Gay and Randolph because of Iverson's presumed ability to generate interest and sell tickets. The Grizzlies, throughout Heisley's ownership, have languished in the shadow of the Memphis Tigers' many successes in the collegiate game.

Grizzlies officials have yet to formally announce the signing but have made it clear since last week that they have merely been waiting for Iverson to take their offer.

In a radio interview Tuesday with WHBQ-AM in Memphis, Wallace sounded hopeful about Iverson ultimately joining the team, saying: "We had a very productive meeting yesterday where both sides got to know each other and what our expectations were. We got to hear Allen out, he got to hear us out and I thought it went pretty well."

Asked specifically about Iverson's well-known aversion to coming off the bench, Wallace said: "He indicated to us that he just wants to come in and help a team out, to get better, to win, and he'll shine during that process. I think Allen Iverson is going to be very fine with whatever role he would end up fulfilling here in Memphis. ... He knows where we're coming from, we know where he's coming from and I think if he comes here it's going to be a very productive marriage."

Monday's sitdown in Atlanta was the first face-to-face contact between Iverson and Grizzlies officials since the process began, with Memphis negotiating to this point primarily with Leon Rose, Iverson's agent.

Iverson has spent much of the past two months hoping that a firm offer would materialize from the Miami Heat, New York Knicks or Charlotte Bobcats, with the latter presenting the possibility of a reunion with former coach Larry Brown. But Iverson was ultimately forced to concede that only the Grizzlies had the financial flexibility and definite interest to pay him more than a minimum salary after his nightmarish stint with the Pistons.

Iverson played in only 57 games last season after being dealt by Denver to Detroit less than a week into the season and averaged a career-low 17.5 points, hampered by a back injury and his open struggles to cope with coming off the bench for the first time in his career. He would end up leaving the Pistons in April by mutual agreement before the playoffs.

But Iverson has insisted in recent days that he is amenable to whatever the Grizzlies have in mind for him as well as the steep drop from last season's salary, writing via Twitter: "Memphis is a place that I would love to play. The Grizzlies have good young players with a great upside. I love the city of Memphis, too.

"I would lead by example," Iverson wrote.

With Mayo at the same position, Mike Conley returning at point guard and Randolph's arrival over the summer, bringing in Iverson would appear to run counter to the Grizzlies' previous intent to develop a group of youngsters which also includes center Marc Gasol and No. 2 overall draft pick Hasheem Thabeet.

Yet in a July interview with ESPN.com, Heisley disputed suggestions that signing Iverson -- the sort of drawing card that the Grizzlies have never had in an eight-season run in Memphis marked by notoriously low attendance figures -- was dangerous or purely motivated by the prospect of ticket sales.

"What appeals to me?" Heisley said, repeating the question. "He's one of the greatest players in the last 10 years in the NBA."

In an interview Wednesday with NBA.com, Heisley said: "He told us he was very interested in playing with the young team we've assembled. He thought he could help us win and he was looking forward to helping the young players, and helping them to develop. Frankly, I'm ecstatic to have him.

"I don't buy into all of the stuff that's gone on. I'm not saying none of it happened. Some of it did ... but I know Allen is an excellent player. He's going to the Hall of Fame. ... The city of Memphis is going to be ecstatic to have him. We've never had a Hall of Famer, a guy of Allen's stature playing in Memphis. I feel Allen is going to be outstanding for us."
. . .

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
just shared a joint and a drink with michael beasley under the 59th street bridge. seems like a nice guy.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
just shared a joint and a drink with michael beasley under the 59th street bridge. seems like a nice guy.
Did you drive him back to rehab afterwards?

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/spor...zzlies_thabeet

Monday Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant was in Houston for a two-hour workout with Olajuwon.

Olajuwon said Bryant reached out to him for help with his moves in the post.

"He gave me the biggest compliment," Olajuwon said. "(He said) You are the best (at the) mid-post and post move.

"He wanted me to show my moves to him."

Olajuwon said his style of play in the paint is really suited for a guy like Bryant.

"In my mind most of my moves for a guy (with) that agility can use it better than the big guy," Olajuwon said. "Because my moves are not really for the big guy.

"It's for the guards and small forwards. So he would benefit most on the post because of his agility.

"It was so much fun because how he picks it up. I worked with him for two hours, step by step."
Olajuwon expects Bryant to be even better than he was last season when he led the Lakers to the NBA Championship.

"Adding those moves to his game, watch out for him this year," Olajuwon said. "I understand his dedication. His desire to win and stay on top.

"That's what I respect most about him."

By the way, Olajuwon said he would never have held one-on-one sessions like this if he was still playing.

"You don't want to give them your secrets," Olajuwon said'
Lakers repeat...?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads