• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NBA Offseason Thread - Update: Rasheed Wallace to Boston

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Horrible rule change, it just conforming to Lebron crab dribble so that Sterns NBA baby gets to do what he wants even more. I guess lifting the pivot foot will be allowed now, this really is stupid.
lebronjames.jpg

wttm

Reaction score
Didn't know SF had a NBA thread.

Also, cosign on the rule change. They're trying so hard to dumb down the NBA and they'll need another redeem team come 2016 cause they can't play the game properly with international rules (real rules).

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NoVaguy
Rule change! Going from 1 step to 2 steps before travelling http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4563546 Although not really - I actually thought the explicit rule was 2 steps as well.... Will it become 3 or 4 steps for the superstars?
I was under the same impression. You got 1 step after the dribble and the second brought on the traveling call. Is it now two steps and the third nets the foul?

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The rule change isn't a big deal people have been 2 steps unofficially for ever, we also play two step when I play at the park and such. It doesn't give you much of an advantage.

wttm

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jpeirpont
The rule change isn't a big deal people have been 2 steps unofficially for ever, we also play two step when I play at the park and such. It doesn't give you much of an advantage.

It actually gives you a big advantage. You can take a *** step one way and quickly move your pivot into your first step exploding to the other before you take a dribble.
It wasn't a big deal 3 years ago but they started calling a lot of the off the dribble drive the past 2 seasons.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Hey- when do we get the invites for the league?

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steve B.
Hey- when do we get the invites for the league?

Need a basketball set up. Only autodraft left unless you want to draft in season.

Wow- 7,000th post on fantasy basketball. figures.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Doesn't seem like we have much people. 6 participants and thats it.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ok, created a league and anyone on SF is open to join.
http://basketball.fantasysports.yaho...ue/sfnbaleague
Password: styleforum

If you can;t sign up in the link, just PM with your email and I'll send an invite.

Live draft is at 10/25 noon PST.
H2H
6 team playoff for now for the last 3 weeks, can be editted to 4 team playoff if not enough people joins.
Roster Positions: PG, SG, G, G, SF, PF, F, F, C, C, Util, Util, BN, BN
Players Stat Categories: Field Goal Percentage (FG%), Free Throw Percentage (FT%), 3-point Shots Made (3PTM), Points Scored (PTS), Total Rebounds (REB), Assists (AST), Steals (ST), Blocked Shots (BLK), Turnovers (TO)
Max Moves: No maximum
Max Trades: No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 2
Trade End Date: March 4, 2010
Waiver Time: 2 days
Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports
Trade Review: League Votes
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
Max Acquisitions per Week: 2
Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow
Start Scoring on: Week 1

Stuff can still be edited and changed up until 5-8 hours before the draft I believe. Draft can be moved to Monday (10/26) for live draft, a day before the season starts.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
More info about the league in case some can't find it: ID# is 312822 and again the Password is "styleforum".

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Instead of turnovers, i always like using Asst/TO ratio. Doesn't punish people for having guys who handle the ball a lot but people that are bad at handling the ball. Only two bench spots? If you're only using two bench spots i highly suggest opening up 1-2 IR spots (if they still do IR spots). Personally, i like having like 4 bench spots and and two IR because i like being in real deep leagues but it's your call How many teams is that? Normally i run a league with my friends but this year couldn't get enough people willing to do it

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's a 12 team max league.

Yeah, everything can be editted still, like change the number of bench spots, I was going to originally put 3 but I really do not know how many participants we'll have.

I like the turnover though but again, if the vote says they prefer turnover to assist ratio, that can be changed too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics