• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Naked and Famous Fade Contest Charity Project

vkato

Reaction score
Hey,

I'm brand new here, Brandon from Naked and Famous pointed me this way to gain support and ideas for a new project I'm starting.

I'm going to try and win the recently posted Fading contest (found here: http://www.nakedandfamousdenim.com/blog/new-fading-contest-red-core-selvedge/ ) and auction off the Grand Prize and the jeans themselves with all the profits going to a to-be determined charity.

In order to get this going, I need to first raise money buy the jeans, which I plan on wearing nonstop until the contest is over, and get the word out about my cause to gather interest in the eventual auction.

I'm looking for input on which charity I should try and raise money for. I'm looking for something possibly related to clothing for those in need and preferably international and deserving.

I also would like suggestions on how to initially raise the money and the means to accomplish these goals, such as blogging, JustGiving, PledgeBank, or something else.

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Last edited:

f***city

Reaction score
best option here is probably to save up your own money, buy the jeans, and go from there. I doubt you'll get a lot of help here on getting money to buy jeans for a contest that you don't have a great chance in winning. do you have pictures of raw denim that you've worn in to make anybody think that you could win? or just save up/raise money and directly donate it. if you were to get money donated so you could buy jeans for yourself where does that leave the charity that was suppose to receive any profit?

autumndreams

Reaction score
Seeing as how the contest isn't specifically a charity event, and there's no guarantee that you'll actually win, I'm with the above poster.

Those jeans are about $200, and that's a lot of money to be invested up front. That means that a lot of people will have to donate to *you*, in the *hopes* that you will win, so that their investment will eventually be given to a charity. That's a lot of money and a lot of uncertainty.

You'll get plenty of suspicion with this idea too. You'll be asking people to donate money to you for a pair of jeans for *you* to enjoy. Even though the eventual goal is to raise money for a charity, there's a pretty clear conflict of interest there.

I think it's a cool idea, but I'd suggest that you pony up your own money for the jeans. Best of luck.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads