• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

N.D.C. Made By Hand

*Tee*

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you guys have any idea how big the approximate length-difference between a N.D.C. dress shoe in let's just say 43.5 and 44 is ? Probably difficult to generalize, huh ?

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
probably not that much. NDCs are generally a bit longer but that doesn't mean you should keep sizing to down a lot. They're pretty narrow and are meant to be a bit longer in the toe. 43 fits about a 10.5. I'm guessing a 43.5 would be about an 11 and a 44 an 11.5. That's from my experience with slightly wide/flat feet but most feel about the same

rungo

Reaction score
Its definitely style specific, theres no way most NDC's 44+11.5. I wear 10.5-11, and usually start with a 44 given euro size options. I fit 44 in most NDC, although I have experienced some fitting larger, however I think it has to the general shape of the shoe rather than just style by style. Longer/more pointed toe fit slightly larger than the rounded toe shape in my experience.

*Tee*

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, but...

...actually, I only wanted to know how big the approximate length-difference in INCHES between full sizes and half sizes is. Maybe about 0.2"/0.5cm ?

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
again, the bottom length isn't always that important and i'm sure it varies on the model. just buy the shoes, man. I get much better fits in terms of jeans, shirts, shoes by going off of well thought out anectodal evidence or advice rather than measuring stuff like that. I doubt there are a ton of people with multiple sizes of NDC in the exact same model

*Tee*

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Well,... in this particular case, the length is important. If you follow this thread, you may have noticed that I'm not new to NDC footwear. I own three pairs, to be exact. My newest pair is a chestnut brown cordovan dress shoe that I bought at their flagship-store in Belgium two days ago. I bought them in my usual NDC size, which is 44 and true for the "Rico"- and "Sunday" shoe. When I arrived back home and tried them on again with a thinner pair of socks and walked around, I realized that they fit significantly bigger than the "Rico"- and "Sunday" shoe and that there's almost too much wiggle room in the toe area, though. I could definitely size down on them. They're not as narrow as my other NDC's and were made on a completely different last, which is based on a Pre-World War 2 last. Consequently, I called them today and asked them if there's still a pair in 43.5 or even 43 available. Result: One last pair in size 43.5 ! I also asked them if they could roughly tell me how big the length-difference between a 43.5 and 44 is. Unfortunately, I got the last pair in 44, so they didn't have the change to measure both sizes and tell me the exact length-difference. All they could say is that the difference between half- and full sizes is usually about 0.5cm ( +/-1cm, depening on model ), which isn't quite much. And now I wonder if it would be worthwhile to take the "hassle" and drive back to Belgium and exchange them for the pair in 43.5, or if ~ 0.5cm is so minimal that I should just keep the pair in 44 and get a new insole. Aaarghhh...

*Tee*

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NDC Winter 2010/2011 lookbook

I might scan some well worth seeing stuff within the next days and post it if some of you guys are interested. Most of the brand new stuff hasn't shown up on online yet...

ndccat.png

cez

Reaction score
PLEASE DO!

Have not paid much attention to their recent collection but I am very interested.

*Tee*

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sup hombre !?

I just messaged them to make sure that they don't plan on showcasing the new stuff on their Facebeook page within the next days. I'd surely kick myself if I'd grapple with my ******, as old as the hills HP PSC 1110 for nothing...

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by *Tee*
NDC Winter 2010/2011 lookbook I might scan some well worth seeing stuff within the next days and post it if some of you guys are interested. Most of the brand new stuff hasn't shown up on online yet...
ndccat.png

Great! I never see the bags from their collections sold in any shops.

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NDC Winter 2010/2011 lookbook

I might scan some well worth seeing stuff within the next days and post it if some of you guys are interested. Most of the brand new stuff hasn't shown up on online yet...

ndccat.png

Yes please! I am a huge fan! Thanks
worship.gif
worship.gif

cez

Reaction score
Sup hombre !?

I just messaged them to make sure that they don't plan on showcasing the new stuff on their Facebeook page within the next days. I'd surely kick myself if I'd grapple with my ******, as old as the hills HP PSC 1110 for nothing...

lol, understandable. If you don't from them I expect at one or two of your top faves though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads