• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My sales: update

naturlaut

Reaction score
On top of my eBay auctions, I am selling two pairs of John Lobb Paris bespoke loafers. Â I am asking for $800 each. Â Alas, I only brought one pair of shoe trees back, and I am planning on selling it separately (though haven't decided on price). Here are some pictures. Â Email me for more, or look them up on eBay in a day or two. Â As always, I will list them on eBay for a bit higher than my offer for forum members. Both pairs come with original shoe box and red shoe cloth bags. Â The shoe trees will come with their original thick cotton cloth bag. Right shoe measures 11 3/8 long, 3 15/16 wide, 4mm sole edge. Left shoe measures 11 7/16 long, 3 15/16 wide. Comments and suggestions welcomed.
LobbParisBrown03.jpg
LobbParisBrown06.jpg
LobbParisBrown04.jpg
LobbParisBrown12.jpg
LobbParisBlack02.jpg
LobbParisBlack06.jpg
LobbParisBlack08.jpg
LobbParisBlack12.jpg
LobbParisTrees01.jpg

uriahheep

Reaction score
I have to take exception to this quote in your listing for the shoe magazine issue of Mens Ex:
This is not available for sale in US, even at Japanese book stores like Kinokuniya, and no US magazines are as devoted as this towards such an "important" artform.
Having read an earlier thread on Mens Ex I contacted Kinokuniya in New York. They ordered the two Mens Ex shoe magazines for me. They charged me $52.25, including $7 for delivery.
Your opening bid for just the second volume is more than Kinokuniya charged me for both volumes. You're charging $11 for shipping one volume where Kinokuniya charged $7 for two. You can demand whatever you want for the magazine and for shipping. There's nothing wrong with that. What's wrong, though, is specifically saying that it is not available at Kinokuniya, when it is. Why even mention Kinokuniya? A lot of people have probably never even heard of Kinokuniya.

naturlaut

Reaction score
Sorry about that listing, I wrote that listing at a time when both volumes were not available at Kinokuniya (I live in New York for years, so I know), and I just hit 'relist' everytime I sold one. I haven't thought of editing the listing until you mentioned.  Thanks for letting me know.

Also, the auction is more for Europeans than average Joe. Circulation is quite limited in US, and even more so in Europe.  Most of my bidders thus far (for the past half dozen sales) were Europeans.  

The profit is actually peanuts, it's just that I purchased a bunch of these in Japan when it first came out, meaning to give away some and to sell some.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Your opening bid for just the second volume is more than Kinokuniya charged me for both volumes. You're charging $11 for shipping one volume where Kinokuniya charged $7 for two.

I was an uninfomed buyer of this book, I guess it pays to do my homework. I plan on calling Kinokuniya and ordering volume 1. Anixously awaiting volume 2 naturlaut.

b_nay

mr. magoo

Reaction score
My suggestion is to describe your feet in as detailed a form as possible. Are you, say, a 43D? How about a 41EE? Do you have bunions? Flat feet? High arch?

I have shoes in varying lengths, but I have no idea if these would fit me without a good comparison of the feet. For what it's worth, I suspect we're a similar size, but I reallly can't tell from shoe measurements.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads