• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new Indochino.com suit with pics....

shazeh

Reaction score
I decided to take the plunge and order the black wool suit. I have a narrow waist so I never had any luck buying anything off the rack. My expectations were tempered and I was not expecting to get a Kiton suit. Plus with their perfect fit guarantee, I had nothing to lose. I placed my order, and 8 days later my suit arrived. The jacket is nice and snug (which is what I wanted), the pants fit well too. Overall I am very pleased. Take a look at the pics and see if you would change anything about the suit. They offer $75 worth of free alterations if need be, but it seems just fine to me.

Zenny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks good, hows the construction?

shazeh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Zenny
Looks good, hows the construction?

sorry to plead ignorance, but could you be more specific? I am still learning the lingo.... haha.

uzairh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good choice on going for a two button, double vent.
Overall, this is a good fit, much better then most others I have seen. Nice!

Personally, these are the changes I would make to the suit:

- The shoulders are too wide. Have them about 1 inch smaller on each side. Something to keep in mind next time as now it will be hard and pricey to alter.
- The sleeves would be slimmer all around.
- The leg of the pants would be slimmer, and they would be cropped a bit more to not give the slight break/bunching at the ankles.

Also, I really can't tell but it looks like your bottom button is done. The rule is to keep the last button undone....

Hope this helps.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by uzairh
- The shoulders are too wide. Have them about 1 inch smaller on each side. Something to keep in mind next time as now it will be hard and pricey to alter.
I call shennanigans on this e-tailoring. How you can possibly tell if the shoulders are too wide without seeing him with the jacket off?

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow
I call shennanigans on this e-tailoring. How you can possibly tell if the shoulders are too wide without seeing him with the jacket off?

I agree that his "one inch too wide" assessment is impossible to make without seeing a lot more pics (hell, without measuring him, really). But in his defense, the shoulders do look a tiny bit wide in the pics posted. They seem to jut out past the natural shoulder line. Then again, the pics aren't high-res enough to make any firm declarations one way or the other. If I were a betting man, though, I'd bet on the shoulders' being slightly wide.

shazeh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by uzairh
Good choice on going for a two button, double vent.
Overall, this is a good fit, much better then most others I have seen. Nice!

Personally, these are the changes I would make to the suit:

- The sleeves would be slimmer all around.
- The leg of the pants would be slimmer, and they would be cropped a bit more to not give the slight break/bunching at the ankles.

Also, I really can't tell but it looks like your bottom button is done. The rule is to keep the last button undone....

Hope this helps.

its hard to see in the pic, but the bottom button is undone.

shazeh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheWraith
Does it have a full floating canvas or is it fused? Any hand stitching? Horn buttons? That sort of thing.

I opted against the pick stitching (which is done by hand), but that was an option.

All indochino suits come standard with horn buttons.

I honestly dont know enough to say whether is fused or canvassed, I am not nearly as well versed sartorially(if thats a word!) than probably most of the people on this board. But this is from the indochino site:

Every Indochino suit Jacket is hand-cut in a classic European slim style, comes fully lined with an expertly stitched full canvas interlining, and has hand-constructed minimally padded shoulders.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shazeh
I opted against the pick stitching (which is done by hand), but that was an option.

All indochino suits come standard with horn buttons.

I honestly dont know enough to say whether is fused or canvassed, I am not nearly as well versed sartorially(if thats a word!) than probably most of the people on this board. But this is from the indochino site:

Every Indochino suit Jacket is hand-cut in a classic European slim style, comes fully lined with an expertly stitched full canvas interlining, and has hand-constructed minimally padded shoulders.

Sounds like a good deal overall. If it fits you well, then you have a fine suit. Wear it in good health
biggrin.gif

race

Reaction score
Nice fitting suit shazeh. I have a question for you, as I am interested in buying a suit from Indochino. Did you self measure per instructions provided via Indochino's website or did you have a tailor take the measurements?

shazeh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by race
Nice fitting suit shazeh. I have a question for you, as I am interested in buying a suit from Indochino. Did you self measure per instructions provided via Indochino's website or did you have a tailor take the measurements?

My lady friend took the measurements herself, going by the excellent video guides on the indochino site.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics