• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My funny (ex)housing situation and the lawsuit that may come out of it

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Wow then the girls at UCSB must have been a rare breed of slob. Almost all of the guys I knew might have had a few days worth of clothes strewn about the room. But, girls on the other hand had makeup, soda bottles, food, clothes, ashtrays and God knows what all over, not to mention a sink full of 2 weeks worth of dirty dishes.

Well you did go to school in a state overpopulated with hippies and hoodlums!
laugh.gif

Seriously though, I guess it just comes down to luck of the draw. Still - and i'm sure you'd differ on this point - there's nothing that ruins my day more than a guy walking around in his underwear with his ass crack showing, and we had a couple of those types living with us at times.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
laugh.gif

Seriously though, I guess it just comes down to luck of the draw. Still - and i'm sure you'd differ on this point - there's nothing that ruins my day more than a guy walking around in his underwear with his ass crack showing, and we had a couple of those types living with us at times.

Not to speak for Socal, but trust me, just because one is attracted to men in theory doesn't mean he wants to see some flabby Amjack with his hairy crack hanging out. You wouldn't really want for some Rosie O'donnel looking lady to go strutting around in Victoria's Secret either, I'd guess. As such, that door swings both ways.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Not to speak for Socal, but trust me, just because one is attracted to men in theory doesn't mean he wants to see some flabby Amjack with his hairy crack hanging out. You wouldn't really want for some Rosie O'donnel looking lady to go strutting around in Victoria's Secret either, I'd guess. As such, that door swings both ways.

lol8[1].gif

Valid point. Either way, I'm just messing with him and I'm sure he'd realize that. ;p

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
lol8[1].gif

I'm just messing with him and I'm sure he'd realize that. ;p

I know, I know.
wink.gif

When I was an RA, there was a cross country runner who, though physically fit, had the grossest skin and most unnatural body hair of any human I've ever seen. Nevertheless, he thought he was hot stuff and always strutted around our (co-ed) dorm in just his little running shorts or something barely larger than a hand towel on his way to the shower.

It was a rare treat to burst his bubble and let him know that even the gay guys on the floor were complaining. Just because the keys fit the lock, it doesn't mean you want to go grabbing the knob, ya know?

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
laugh.gif

Oh please...the Hippies may have had a louder voice or people assume that UC Santa Barbara is very "green"; but, in reality it is full of a bunch of rich kids from Orange County who just want to hang around the beach all day, roll into class and get high.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
I know, I know.
wink.gif

When I was an RA, there was a cross country runner who, though physically fit, had the grossest skin and most unnatural body hair of any human I've ever seen. Nevertheless, he thought he was hot stuff and always strutted around our (co-ed) dorm in just his little running shorts or something barely larger than a hand towel on his way to the shower.

It was a rare treat to burst his bubble and let him know that even the gay guys on the floor were complaining. Just because the keys fit the lock, it doesn't mean you want to go grabbing the knob, ya know?

Yah we had one of those; but, he was hot and no one minded. Crew jock, amazing body, ran around naked when drunk...then one night we woke up the entire floor.
wink.gif

B1FF

Reaction score
Unless a certain level of cleanliness is specified in the lease agreement, who doesn't count on having to spend a day carrying dead hookers down to the garbage room when they move into a new apartment?

Even then, the old tenant has no obligation to the new one. Call the landlord.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by B1FF
Unless a certain level of cleanliness is specified in the lease agreement, who doesn't count on having to spend a day carrying dead hookers down to the garbage room when they move into a new apartment?

Even then, the old tenant has no obligation to the new one. Call the landlord.

It's called common courtesy. No, you're not gonna wipe the place down and do a full cleaning before you leave, but you can do you best to not leave the place in a disgusting state so that other people don't have to clean up after your disgusting ass. I cleaned my bathroom the night before I moved out and since my vacuum was the last thing to go in the truck, I did a quick pass of the floors before I left (wasn't a big apartment).

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by B1FF

I would expect to not have to clean moving into a new apartment.

lurker

Reaction score
isn' there some kind of security deposit? So if the previous tenant did not clean the place properly before they left, the cleaning fees will be deducted from the deposit.

B1FF

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
I would expect to not have to clean moving into a new apartment.

And who would you take it up with if the place was dirty? The guy you are leasing it from, or a former tenant that has no obligation to you?

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
dhc905, for your next thread could you post something funnier; perhaps a collage of stories of parents outliving their children?

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
dhc905, for your next thread could you post something funnier; perhaps a collage of stories of parents outliving their children?

Actually, that one made me lol.
lol8[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads