• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My first country boots. Your opinion?

IST66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today I have received here these boots. It is my first experience of purchase of such footwear. I will be grateful for your opinion on these boots. Thanks!

whymakemedothis

Reaction score
I think they look good. I was close to buying them but got another pair from Herring also. Dont you think they are sized larger than indicated, however? Mine are

whiskeylaureate

Reaction score
Originally Posted by IST66
Today I have received here these boots. It is my first experience of purchase of such footwear. I will be grateful for your opinion on these boots. Thanks!

Without knowing too much about boots, I think they look pretty badass. How do you plan on wearing them?

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whymakemedothis
I think they look good. I was close to buying them but got another pair from Herring also. Dont you think they are sized larger than indicated, however? Mine are

Country lasts are always bigger. You need to have room for thick socks.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
don't let whnay see those....
lookaround.gif

IST66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whymakemedothis
I think that with the size of these boots I was not mistaken. Anyway they have not appeared more than I expected... Thanks!

Originally Posted by whiskeylaureate
Without knowing too much about boots, I think they look pretty badass. How do you plan on wearing them?
I plan to dress them in a casual set - with jeans or cord trousers. Thanks!

Originally Posted by Ich_Dien
Thanks!

agavilanes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IST66
Today I have received here these boots. It is my first experience of purchase of such footwear. I will be grateful for your opinion on these boots. Thanks!​

So shy and humble post. You know they are awesome! You just want us to
drool.gif
worship.gif

Enjoy'em!​

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
to actually wear these beauties in the country would be... a sin.

very pretty... and so practical for winter and any incremental weather too.. not that i'd blame you for switching to beaters for walking in the rain.

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
double sole? checked.
storm welt? checked.

looking nice, but i still prefer brogue shoes such as tricker's stow.
tongue.gif

IST66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen, thanks for comments! For me very important your opinion is valid. In Russia (especially in a province where I live) such footwear is unusual. In general the good English footwear in shops is not on sale. Here fashion-models - the Italian footwear (at the best) are very popular, and the majority buys very bad Chinese or Turkish fakes.

whymakemedothis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ich_Dien

good point - i hadnt thought of that

im swapping mine for downsized pair or maybe switching to these
spam[1].gif

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice find and the Dainite soles are helpful

Drydis Greis

Reaction score
It's a nice boot. Good for cold winter days' traveling. Working my way into something similar myself. Congratulations on your purchase.

KCheungq

Reaction score
They look really nice. I would kill for those during a cold chicago winter. Damnit it's coming so soon

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads