• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Father Did This Incredible Thing For Me

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm still speechless. This is my Christmas present from my father:
dsc3263.jpg
That is probably the single most thoughtful (and probably expensive) gift anyone has ever gotten for me. Madame X is my most favorite painting in the world. I have been in love with it since I first saw it, though this never really was something I talked about much, my father knew. We went to NYC to hang out a bit over Labor Day as I've been away at law school and have not been around much -- wanted to go to the Met, get some food, cocktails at Death and Co. Naturally, I wanted to show him Madame X. He told me that just the way I looked at the painting told him that he had to try and get a copy for me somehow. The art world is not our milleu, so this must have taken an incredible amount of research for him to have it done, and in such a short period of time! He made sure that it was done by a person, rather than a machine because he knew that would matter to me. The gallery that framed it had it hanging on display and could have sold it. We are not in the type of tax bracket of people who purchase oils, so I'm sure it was a pretty major expense, all just on the hope that I'd love it. I do, and I love him too. ~ Huntsman

Aries

Reaction score
Great gift Huntsman, and even better to hear that you have such a cool relationship with your dad.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
neat but please crop out your thrusting crotch
frown.gif

lol8[1].gif
jealous of the cockfade?

It's great to hear you got what you really wanted, and the effort your dad went through to procure that painting.

Merry Christmas.

stewartu

Reaction score
Excellent, thoughtful gift.

I am sure that it is an object and a memory you will cherish forever.

Make sure to do something equally sensitive for your kids as they grow up.

Merry Christmas.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Terrific! Thanks for sharing this wonderful story with us. Merry Christmas!

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
that's a great story huntsman, that painting will last a lifetime and bring memories of this Christmas back to the front of your mind, no matter where you are or how far away your family is.. That's the best kind of gift..

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice one, Huntsman. Something you will cherish forever and it will always remind you of your father.

thewallychamp

Reaction score
thats really nice man..
i think my father probably would've doodled something out for me instead of going the commission route. that said, he's nice with the doodle!

tshaw

Reaction score
I'm still speechless. This is my Christmas present from my father:

Dear Huntsman -

I have a number of paintings/originals I've either been able to collect or paint myself through the years and they all bring such pleasure of appreciation - to have a moment of beauty captured in a form that makes it pretty much forever..nothing finer..... You'll enjoy it everyday and you'll appreciate your father everyday, too.

Congrats on the painting and your relationship with your Dad - please let him know how much you love him because, in life, that's all that truly matters for having a blessed life.

T

BTW - my avatar is my present to me.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
very cool

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads