• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My clothes.

chiuku789

Reaction score
ALL clothes are the ready to wear which made in china except that yellow sport jacket and the pants.

IMG_20180728_080321.jpg

IMG_20180728_080458.jpg

IMG_20180728_080537.jpg

IMG_20180809_081801.jpg

IMG_20180809_081827.jpg

IMG_20180809_081850.jpg

IMG_20180815_131836.jpg

IMG_20180815_131857.jpg

IMG_20180815_131911.jpg

saprof

Reaction score
The white tie ensemble....Are you wearing that to the Vienna State Opera Ball this season?

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very interesting vintage style.
However, in general the clothes look a size or two
too big. The wing collars especially.

chiuku789

Reaction score
Very interesting vintage style.
However, in general the clothes look a size or two
too big. The wing collars especially.
Well that is because I like the baggy feel for my lounge clothes but not in the evening dress the wing collar 's problem is caused by the mistake of checking of the form of the size from the factory. I always wear and buy the ready to wear clothes especially shirts. I think shirts is the underwear ,so really do not need to bespoke or MTM.

saprof

Reaction score
Not to criticize, but as a student of white tie, there are issues with your ensemble that could be addressed. If you are wearing it as costume for fun, that is excellent and enjoy. If the goal is to have a proper White Tie full fig outfit, there are many suggestions I could make. If one is going to go through the trouble, why not attept to do it right, yes?

$1000 will get you fully kitted.

chiuku789

Reaction score
Not to criticize, but as a student of white tie, there are issues with your ensemble that could be addressed. If you are wearing it as costume for fun, that is excellent and enjoy. If the goal is to have a proper White Tie full fig outfit, there are many suggestions I could make. If one is going to go through the trouble, why not attept to do it right, yes?

$1000 will get you fully kitted.
You are right. And as far as I know. The biggest problem of my white dress is the vest.

member2000r

Reaction score
Forgive me, but the cheongsam looks awful. It does not have the right proportion. Length too short, open quarter too wide and too much. The wind blocker (in case it is) should not be visible. Wrinkles should not be on chest in any case.
In addition, the chinese knot and the craftsmanship is... :crackup:

For the western suits, like the above saying, looks 1 or 2 size too big and some combination is considered not appropriate for a formal event.

pasadena man

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's an interesting look. Gives me a little bit of a Shanghai 20's feel (In a good way). You've got a point of view. Stay on this board for a while and feedback will probably tighten you up on fit a bit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads