• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MTM or Bespoke trousers

nmoraitis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AvariceBespoke
looks nice ! who made these for u

Ambrosi, who visits New York I believe.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nmoraitis
Ambrosi, who visits New York I believe.

He has come in the past, but has not been in a while, though he has been making noises about coming again.

nmoraitis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
He has come in the past, but has not been in a while, though he has been making noises about coming again.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the economic climate in the US at the moment.

mrbowtie

Reaction score
I have a bunch of great fitting pants that I bought at Uniqlo for about $40. Fit superbly and when they start to show some wear and tear, I simply discard them. Bespoke or MTM pants? Come now.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
I wear discarded Uniqlo pants that I get for no money.
Those weren't discarded, and please stop looking through my laundry basket.

Mark Seitelman

Reaction score
LS's pantsmaker can copy a pair of pants. He will handsew the waistband and buttonholes, and he will hand pick-stitch the pockets and lap seam. I recommend them.

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Those weren't discarded, and please stop looking through my laundry basket.
He likes the way they smell. Can you blame him?

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark Seitelman
LS's pantsmaker can copy a pair of pants. He will handsew the waistband and buttonholes, and he will hand pick-stitch the pockets and lap seam. I recommend them.

That's Dario Rodriguez, he is based in Staten Island. Good guy but last time I heard from him he was not really looking for new customers or at the very least was very behind on deliveries.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
That's Dario Rodriguez, he is based in Staten Island. Good guy but last time I heard from him he was not really looking for new customers or at the very least was very behind on deliveries.

Some people I know gave him fabric, waited a year and never got their pants. Another client had to intervene to get Dario to send the fabric back.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Some people I know gave him fabric, waited a year and never got their pants. Another client had to intervene to get Dario to send the fabric back.

Hmmm, interesting. He was in my office maybe a year ago, a coworker got a few pairs of pants. Dario seemed nice and the pants came out well. Coworker went back to him a few months later and he mentioned that there were some health issues in the family and he was very behind on pant deliveries and did not take a new order from him.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Darren . . . Dario . . . a pattern?

I will be wary the next time someone named Darius or Darold wants to make me some clothes.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Darren . . . Dario . . . a pattern?

I will be wary the next time someone named Darius or Darold wants to make me some clothes.

Nobody got ripped off because there was no deposit, they were going to pay in full on delivery.

Still, they were disappointed as Dario had been reliable in the past, and the price was rock bottom low.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads