• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Moving all production of Charles Alexander to Italy

CharlesAlexander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My tailors here in the city are not able to handle all the orders I am getting, so I am moving all of my production to Italy. My exsisting contact for silks over there was able to refer me to a great manufacturer in Como. I have been working with them over the past month perfecting the design.

I will also be making self tipped 6 folds as well as my signature unlined, untipped seven folds. I got the first completed samples this week as they are amazing. Nothing like fine Italian craftsmanship. I've also managed to acquire some fantastic silks over the past month that I'm adding to the the collection.

If you want to be notified when I am ready to premier the new collection, please add your email address to the mailing list on my website ca-ny.com.

cheers!
smile.gif

Golf_Nerd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CharlesAlexander
My tailors here in the city are not able to handle all the orders I am getting, so I am moving all of my production to Italy. My exsisting contact for silks over there was able to refer me to a great manufacturer in Como. I have been working with them over the past month perfecting the design.

I will also be making self tipped 6 folds as well as my signature unlined, untipped seven folds. I got the first completed samples this week as they are amazing. Nothing like fine Italian craftsmanship. I've also managed to acquire some fantastic silks over the past month that I'm adding to the the collection.

If you want to be notified when I am ready to premier the new collection, please add your email address to the mailing list on my website ca-ny.com.

cheers!
smile.gif

Are you moving to Italy, too (it isn't too bad there)?

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Perhaps a new brand name is in order? Something like Carlo Alessandro?
devil.gif

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
Perhaps a new brand name is in order? Something like Carlo Alessandro?
devil.gif

Bad cat! No soup for you.

Golf_Nerd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish I was!

I have to brush up on my Italian before I consider that.

Or get your italian brushed up by the italien girls.

Do you already have a german retailer?

CharlesAlexander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Golf_Nerd
Or get your italian brushed up by the Italian girls.

Do you already have a german retailer?

Not yet, but I've been putting everything on hold while I worked on getting the new collection ready.

BTW, I will also be holding a $100 sale on some of the remaining pieces in existing line once the new line comes out so stay tuned!

Golf_Nerd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not yet, but I've been putting everything on hold while I worked on getting the new collection ready.

BTW, I will also be holding a $100 sale on some of the remaining pieces in existing line once the new line comes out so stay tuned!

Last week I bought two ties. Both were 20 Euros. 100 won't work for me.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Golf_Nerd
Last week I bought two ties. Both were 20 Euros. 100 won't work for me.
Were the ties Seaman & Stearm from Krawatten-Ties.de ?

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats. It's nice to see the progress you're making and I'm glad that you appear to be having success with your line.

Golf_Nerd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
Were the ties Seaman & Stearm from Krawatten-Ties.de ?

Thanks for providing that link!

No, it was my local haberdasher. They weren't at full retail. Then I bought a pair of CANALI double monks and got another tie. Oh, I loved it!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads