• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Move Closer

matt22616

Reaction score
Big fran of the thread. I hope it's not rude for me to presume that you will take requests, but in the off-chance you have a sample of this material and a little free time, I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. Most, if not all, of your subjects are natural fabrics and materials. I have several articles of clothing made with materials produced by the Swiss firm Schoeller Textiles AG. They specialize in high-performance fabrics predominantly used in skiing and hiking jackets. I have an ArcTeryx softshell that has downright perplexing attributes, such that it seems to defy basic laws of thermodynamics. Anyways, I've always wondered what it looks like when you 'move closer'. Here's a link to the firm's website listing most of the brands that use their materials. You can also navigate to learn more about the textiles themselves. If you either own such an article, or happen to have access to one, I would be very interested in getting to see it 'up close'. Many thanks. http://www.schoeller-textiles.com/en/where-to-buy.html

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
Move Closer

What do fabrics, leathers, and details like buttons and stitchings look like when you move a bit closer?

"¢>

I will start off with some suedes.

4belgrave.jpg

5belgrave.jpg

6belgrave.jpg

7belgrave.jpg

Macro 1:1

00movecloserbelgraves0i.jpg

Cropped as far as the resolution allowed me

00movecloserbelgraves0i.jpg

01movecloserbelgravesi.jpg

Crop

02movecloserbelgravesii.jpg

Maximum crop

03movecloserbelgravesii.jpg

04movecloserbelgravesiv.jpg

Crop

05movecloserbelgravesv.jpg

Maximum crop

06movecloserbelgravesvi.jpg

07movecloserbelgravesvi.jpg

Crop

08movecloserbelgravesvi.jpg

Maximum crop

09movecloserbelgravesix.jpg

Are you a Lilliputian?

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD

03flannelcrop.jpg

Is this from the "Vintage Appreciation" threak?

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by matt22616
Big fran of the thread. I hope it's not rude for me to presume that you will take requests, but in the off-chance you have a sample of this material and a little free time, I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Most, if not all, of your subjects are natural fabrics and materials. I have several articles of clothing made with materials produced by the Swiss firm Schoeller Textiles AG. They specialize in high-performance fabrics predominantly used in skiing and hiking jackets. I have an ArcTeryx softshell that has downright perplexing attributes, such that it seems to defy basic laws of thermodynamics. Anyways, I've always wondered what it looks like when you 'move closer'. Here's a link to the firm's website listing most of the brands that use their materials. You can also navigate to learn more about the textiles themselves. If you either own such an article, or happen to have access to one, I would be very interested in getting to see it 'up close'.

Many thanks.

http://www.schoeller-textiles.com/en/where-to-buy.html

Thanks, Matt. I don't think I have (or have access to) something like that. If I come across something, I'll be happy to take pictures of it.

Originally Posted by comrade
Are you a Lilliputian?

With excellent eyes.

Originally Posted by HORNS
Is this from the "Vintage Appreciation" threak?

Yes.

dustinmyself

Reaction score
I am not sure if it was asked, or mentioned, but what lens do you use for your macro shots?

what body do you use also?

(not to turn this into a photography thread, you can PM me if you'd rather)

thanks.

ps. SWEETTT photos, i'm going to break out my macro & some clothing.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro. Body was the 350D for these shots. I now use a 60D.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads