1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Most annoying people at the gym...

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by JoeWoah, Jan 16, 2009.

1. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

My biggest pet peeve: People that ask how to 'tone'.

Might as well ask where to get some tampons on discount while you're at it because YOU ARE A PUSSY.

2. RedLantern

RedLantern Senior member

^ But without those pussies how would you manufacture your self esteem, bro?

3. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Senior member

I hate the motherfuckers who say "no" when you ask for a spot. Who the fuck says no to a spot? It takes 30 seconds out of their day.

I remember I asked some dude if I could get a spot and he was like "no dude" like I was asking for $1000. I laughed thinking he was joking and just looked at him and realized he wasnt joking at all. What a piece of garbage.

4. aleeboy

aleeboy Senior member

I hate the motherfuckers who say "no" when you ask for a spot. Who the fuck says no to a spot? It takes 30 seconds out of their day.

I remember I asked some dude if I could get a spot and he was like "no dude" like I was asking for $1000. I laughed thinking he was joking and just looked at him and realized he wasnt joking at all. What a piece of garbage.

Are you an ugly smelly beast?

j/k... I think it is etiquette in the gym to help someone out if they're going to push themselves. I would spot someone if they asked me.

Yesterday, I saw something pretty funny. This old Korean guy was doing incline bench on the smith machine. The trainer came over and said a few words to him. I looked to see what was happening and it turns out that the guy had put the pegs at the end of each side. He thought it was necessary to keep the plates secured... LOL

5. aleeboy

aleeboy Senior member

i do that. the rack DOES belong to me. If i curl 85s and some bitch-made plebe is curling 35s, he can wait for me. my set is more important.

Big Fella,

How's you busted back treating you? You still in the gym or taking some time off?

I have just started squatting again and will get back into deadlifts in two months... won't be going heavy though.

6. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

back is still fucked, but i'm back to going heavy and to failure. i is not tat smart apparently.

7. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

i have had several people's sweat drip in my mouth while spotting me so i rarely ask anymore.

Are you an ugly smelly beast?

j/k... I think it is etiquette in the gym to help someone out if they're going to push themselves. I would spot someone if they asked me.

Yesterday, I saw something pretty funny. This old Korean guy was doing incline bench on the smith machine. The trainer came over and said a few words to him. I looked to see what was happening and it turns out that the guy had put the pegs at the end of each side. He thought it was necessary to keep the plates secured... LOL

8. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Senior member

... I think it is etiquette in the gym to help someone out if they're going to push themselves. I would spot someone if they asked me.

Years ago a guy asked me for a spot. Then (as now) I went in the mornings before work and told him I didn't have time, which was the truth. He was pissed - gave me the hairy eyeball for the rest of the time I was in there. I was about 30 pounds lighter then and this guy could have broken me in half if he wanted to, but it never ocurred to me that he'd get lathered up over it. Fuck it, find someone else to help you.

That was the last time I remember anyone asking for a spot. Anymore, between the fact that I've got the headphones on and it's clear that my focus is on training (I don't even make eye contact most of the time), people leave me alone.

9. scugger

scugger Senior member

^ lone wolf: that is understandable.

but denying someone a spot still gives the impression to someone else you are a dick. however, the guy looking for the spot should probably be selective in who he is asking (e.g. someone who is resting and not hurrying from weight to weight trying to get shit done)

10. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

^ lone wolf: that is understandable.

but denying someone a spot still gives the impression to someone else you are a dick. however, the guy looking for the spot should probably be selective in who he is asking (e.g. someone who is resting and not hurrying from weight to weight trying to get shit done)

Agreed.

Not to mention some people simply don't know how to spot properly. I've almost seriously fucked myself up on the bench because of this.

11. Eason

Eason Senior member

i have had several people's sweat drip in my mouth while spotting me so i rarely ask anymore.

lol fucking hell that's nauseating, I'd drop the bar on my neck and start convulsing if that happened

12. aleeboy

aleeboy Senior member

That's right down there with balls in your face while you bench... simply nasty.

13. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

Weaklings who wear lifting gloves annoy me. You don't look cool.

14. DDSJohnny

DDSJohnny Senior member

plus calluses add character. one of my ex-gf's actually said feeling my calluses turned her on.

go figure.

15. Eason

Eason Senior member

It's like the rich newbies who start any sport. They buy all the gear before they do anything.

16. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Senior member

plus calluses add character. one of my ex-gf's actually said feeling my calluses turned her on.

go figure.

+1

I like the fact that even though I sit at a desk all day, I can still have "man-hands."

17. clarity

clarity Senior member

It's like the rich newbies who start any sport. They buy all the gear before they do anything.

Heh around my area cycling (road cycling) is huge for people in their 30s and 40s. You have guys who within the first week drop 5 grand on a bike and another grand on clothes and other assorted equipment. Then they show up with the "leave nobody behind" group rides and slow everybody way the fck down and I get to hear my friends complain about it.

18. Mauby

Mauby Senior member

Haven't read thru all the posts, so this may be a repeat. My award for most annoying person at the gym goes to Mr. Locker Room Bragging Guy. He is obnoxiously loud and goes on & on bragging about his material possessions and/or recent accomplishments. I get it dude, you're impressed with yourself. This is not an exaggeration, I once got to the gym and he was there already in full-brag mode talking to whoever would listen, I change, workout for about an hour, head back to the locker room and he's still standing in the same spot, telling the same story to another group of guys. I sometimes wonder if he's one of those animatronic robots at Disney World that says the same thing over & over. Of course, at the end of the workout day, Mr. Mogul puts on his beat up pleated dockers and chewed up dress shoes and heads home.

19. EdenResident

EdenResident Senior member

Why does that bother you so much? I'm scrawny. I lift weight to get bigger. I wear gloves not to look cool but to prevent slippage. Plus they prevent my sweat from getting on the bar, which is good for everyone.

20. Gradstudent78

Gradstudent78 Senior member

Why does that bother you so much? I'm scrawny. I lift weight to get bigger. I wear gloves not to look cool but to prevent slippage. Plus they prevent my sweat from getting on the bar, which is good for everyone.

+1 I doubt I even notice who wears gloves or not.