• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

monocle magazine

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i picked up the first issue of monocle magazine (the tyler brule post wallpaper magazine project) and was surprised by some of the men's fashion content:

article on diaki suzuki and the eg / woolrich project (which appears will be more focused on the european/japanese market than north america);
united arrows and their new "sounds good" track type jackets available only in japan wear;
article on 10 must haves from the pitti uomo men's show in firenze;
japanese centric fashion spread;
even a mention that loopwheeler sweatshirts are the ones to own;

the articles are all very short and it's a pricey mag
CAN$12.50 / US$10.50
thick mag though and looks like early wallpaper crossed with the economist
will be interesting to see how this mag evolves

www.monocle.com

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I flipped through this magazine for the first time at a bookstore tonight, and was impressed. I appreciated the mix of worldy **** and fashion. I think I'll pick up issue 4 in a few days.

thepataphysician

Reaction score
monocle has a very cool website as well; with videos to supplement the articles in the current issue. they also have a really cool logo.

Tiranis

Reaction score
I've bought issues 3 and 4 so far. The subscription is more expensive for me, so I'll just be buying individual issues (every one of them). It's pretty much the only magazine I read at the moment, everything else is boring... meaning I can use internet instead.

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i agree with tiranis on subscriptions, here in canada at least, it's cheaper to buy it on the newstand than to subscribe ...... sort of the opposite of how subscriptions are supposed to work

since issue one, it's remained consistent so that's a good sign that it's going to continue to be a quality mag

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found issue four at the local bookstore today. Haven't had a chance to read anything but it is a very pretty magazine. Also noticed a little write-up on the Vitsoe 606 Universal Shelving system, which I happen to be obsessed with.

Now to track down the back-issues...
confused.gif

lowrey

Reaction score
only read one issue but seemed interesting, will buy the next one.

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
good mag if you need to get a quick fix of global politics, design and style

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i believe you can buy back issues from the monocle website, however, they seem to be rather pricey and as such, check ebay for back copies

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads