• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Momotaro 702 Contest

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm actually not sure if I prefer my PBJ's vs the BOM005's I picked up from Jay. Both are excellent, just almost complete opposites in terms of denim characteristics.. Is. Slubbiness, weave density, drape, etc.

What was wrong with your Momo fit?

I like my jeans to be fitted. The 0702's where a bit too loose for my liking.

Also, dusttruffle you are right. Pink inseam doesn't bother me at the 0701. It's quite neat actually. But the deep indigo's, it just stands out to much, IMO.

willrh1

Reaction score
I'm out too, just don't fit anymore, can't do anything about that. Got a pair of PBJ 12s instead.

cmboland

Reaction score
Corey checking in! Just got a crispy pair of 702s that ill be wearing to work daily. Will post pics tonight. Come on people! Get this thread active!

ErikW

Reaction score
Getting ready to give my 0702s their first wash. Had them since mid January and wear them a few times a week on average. They're starting to get a bit of an odor though, so I'm guessing that means it's time.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Corey checking in! Just got a crispy pair of 702s that ill be wearing to work daily. Will post pics tonight. Come on people! Get this thread active!

Always good to have another 702 wearer. However, if you're entering the formal contest, pm CalTex for the buy-in.

Getting ready to give my 0702s their first wash. Had them since mid January and wear them a few times a week on average. They're starting to get a bit of an odor though, so I'm guessing that means it's time. 

That would do it. Good call.

cmboland

Reaction score
Day 1 back from being hemmed to 31.5"

MqGGEkw.jpg

e7Qwcdj.jpg

UAkXdmM.jpg

vELBTOy.jpg

Such dark denim but man that pink pops.

A tad self conscious about it

Cat hair everywhere

Last edited:

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No chainstitch on the hems?

cmboland

Reaction score
Nah I wasn't too concerned on chainstitch vs lock stitch. I have a great Italian tailor who is a fit fiend so I prefer him to size it appropriately and he's local

ErikW

Reaction score
Before my first wash (bought in January - wore 2-7x per week for 8 months). Not the most spectacular fades yet. I work a desk job.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads