• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mole on head

mdl054

Reaction score
I have a mole on the back of my head I've had my whole life. Its not cancerous or anything dangerous. I just cut my hair short and its noticeable.. I'm going to keep this style for a while so I wanna remove it. Never bothered me before though.

I can't afford to go to a doctor/derm so I was doing research and apparently there are things you can put on it and it will just fall off over time? Anyone have any experience in this?

Inficius

Reaction score
If its inside your hair line then you should be careful, any scars left over may be bald.

mdl054

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Inficius
If its inside your hair line then you should be careful, any scars left over may be bald.

yea it is, since there isn't hair growing out of the mole its already a bald spot, I'd rather just have nothing there than the mole. No matter how I get it removed there won't be hair there so w/e

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mdl054
yea it is, since there isn't hair growing out of the mole its already a bald spot, I'd rather just have nothing there than the mole. No matter how I get it removed there won't be hair there so w/e

Get a razor blade and slice it off!

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ter1413
Get a razor blade and slice it off!

^^ made me cringe
wow.gif

Shiny

Reaction score
I had one that I had sliced off by the dermatologist. It was more around the neck/back of head area. Most of the time it is not covered by insurance, but if it's in an area that could be hit by the sun and susceptible to skin cancer, it may be covered.

A couple of times it was cut by my hair stylist when he shaved the back of my neck.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm, why are moles considered unattractive? I know that they are...but why?

Very philosophically intriguing.

krn.nyc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mm84321
Hmm, why are moles considered unattractive? I know that they are...but why?

Very philosophically intriguing.

not really. same as having a wall painted one concrete color... if there are wrinkles, blemishes, or defects, it obviously ruins the nature of being aesthetically pleasing (being pure). apply it to skin... that's why we don't like pimples, moles, or unsightly scars.

on the other hand, i do think it can add character and become very distinguishable.

what is philosophically intriguing is why we unconsciously link beauty to simple pureness (white, babies, etc.)... strange concept. unless you're a believer of a holy god, i wonder why our bodies are designed to prefer those things rather than abstract complexities

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you have insurance? Go to a plastic surgeon and tell them you are worried about it, but you didn't want to go to a G.P. to have it cut off b/c you wanted to minimize scarring.

The plastic surgeon will cut it off and send it to the lab as "suspicious." Viola, covered by insurance.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by krn.nyc
not really. same as having a wall painted one concrete color... if there are wrinkles, blemishes, or defects, it obviously ruins the nature of being aesthetically pleasing (being pure). apply it to skin... that's why we don't like pimples, moles, or unsightly scars.

on the other hand, i do think it can add character and become very distinguishable.

what is philosophically intriguing is why we unconsciously link beauty to simple pureness (white, babies, etc.)... strange concept. unless you're a believer of a holy god, i wonder why our bodies are designed to prefer those things rather than abstract complexities

Abstract complexities = bad genetics

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads