• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Model Material? *PICS*

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I wouldn't be too sure about that.

Somewhere, a Catholic priest has a subscription to men's fashion magazines.

You're right... I stand corrected!

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that fitness and catalogue models make way more on average than fashion models.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
What a tragic website.
Honestly, I think it's one of the funniest things I've seen on the internet.

twinpac69

Reaction score
Thanks a lot guys. The advice is invaluable. I'm going to put it to use, I'm making an appt to try it out in SF. I need a car bad, this truck is just too much $ to get out there all the time. I'm only an hour and a half away but it costs me at least $30 everytime. I will keep you guys informed on how it goes, and post any pics they let me keep. I need to build a portfolio I realize, so I'm looking out and going to join a couple websites with aspiring photographers.

I came on here knowing I jumped into a tough crowd so I can't complain about your responses. I could use a little work on my skin complexion, if anyone knows of a good anti-acne medication let me know. I have occasional pimples often and I've tried lab series, pro-activ, and a few others with some success, maybe I need to be more faithful to the products.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by twinpac69
Thanks a lot guys. The advice is invaluable. I'm going to put it to use, I'm making an appt to try it out in SF. I need a car bad, this truck is just too much $ to get out there all the time. I'm only an hour and a half away but it costs me at least $30 everytime. I will keep you guys informed on how it goes, and post any pics they let me keep. I need to build a portfolio I realize, so I'm looking out and going to join a couple websites with aspiring photographers.

I came on here knowing I jumped into a tough crowd so I can't complain about your responses. I could use a little work on my skin complexion, if anyone knows of a good anti-acne medication let me know. I have occasional pimples often and I've tried lab series, pro-activ, and a few others with some success, maybe I need to be more faithful to the products.

I didn't hear you say you'd remove the earrings. :p Imo those are one of the worst things about your look. Looking like a guido is never a good tihng. Overall, photo #5 was the best of the lot. You look best with really short hair imo. I tihnk that initially you're best bet is keeping it like that. It looks ok and at worst, nobody would be able to hold it against you because it's kind of like a blank canvas. Some of the looks in the other photos where you have it styled would definitely prejudice me against you.

As for acne, i never found anything that worked well enough for my occasional pimple. Benzoyl peroxide works, but it can irritate you skin and ruin your clothes if you get it on them. I used a doctor prescribed anti-bacterial cream once, and it worked really well, but then it ran out and i never got it refilled. Plus, I don't like the idea of using anti-bacterial stuff as a regular routine. Over the counter, I think benzoyl peroxide is the most effective treatment. Things like clearisil were always completely useless for me. Thankfully, i've grown out of it completely now. If you use benzoyl though, start with a low strength. The 5% will just irritate your skin faster. It's not really any more effective. Socal could better answer, but i doubt the occasional isolated pimple is a big deal. Everything gets photoshopped anyway and a pimple takes about 5 seconds to remove.

Good luck though. You took your ribbing like a man!
lol8[1].gif

Halifamous

Reaction score
Yeah, you probably could, for the kind of stuff (I assume) you want as well. You appear to be a A&F/Musclehead sort of dude. You'll probably be able to get some decent catalogue work. Your size, and the fact that your face isn't particularly unique will probably keep you out of higher end magazines and clothing lines, which is fine, I'm assuming you don't want a career in that.

I didn't read the thread after the first page, so if you havn't gotten specific advice yet, send me a PM. If you don't know what you're doing it's very easy to get screwed in the modeling business. I know a fair bit about getting in, etc.

The biggest thing, and the only point I'm going to get into right now, is if you fail the first few times, don't give up. It's a pretty fickle business, you may get turned down a few times before you find success. You certainly have the look for it, so just keep that in mind. You can do this. Just keep at it. Don't suck any dick (please note, this will be on the table at some point*).

Like I said, I reccommend you PM me.

*that's right, cock, on the table, like a bratwurst.

jabreal00

Reaction score
Your a good looking guy. It's not an easy or lucrative business. If your passion or desire is to model, then give it a shot. However, if it's for fast cash, forget it.

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by capnpyro
Are your nipples pierced.. why?

Sadomaso fetish....

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think you have anything special that separates you from anyone else out there wanting to become a model.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads