• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Milan - favorite stores

Iron Horse

Reaction score
For anyone who knows Milan well, if you could hit only one or two stores in a visit, which would they be, and what would you be looking for?

I'll be there soon on business. Although the sales will be in force, they aren't necessarily my focus. In past Milan visits, I've shopped at Borrelli (OTR suit and pants, ties, MTM shirts), Al Bazar, and Prada. This time, here's what I'm thinking, based largely on inspiration from posts on this forum that I found via search:

Tincati - Attolini suit, if I can afford it.
Bestetti - shoes.
Valextra - new (much smaller) wallet.

Does anyone have a particular favorite store that you would recommend, and/or a particular brand to search out that can't easily be found outside Italy? Thanks if so.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Tincati is my favorite. 10 Corso Como is nice.

You have to stop by G Lorenzi for accessories.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
I might also suggest you stop by Berluti store if you like their shoes. They have some of the best Berluti prices in my experience and a friendly staff.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow, envious you are going to milan! I wasn't able to pull off the trips to Paris and Milan this past year, as i had hoped.

Here's what I'd do in Milan!!

1. Look for discounted Borrelli shirts, I hear this isn't too hard to do (there is an open air market of discounted items or something like that??)

2. Get a haircut (or whatever, just SOMETHING) at the Dolce and Gabbana store, from sicilian barbers.

3. Definitely check out G. Lorenzi, I hear it is one of the neatest stores you'll ever see.

4. Take photos of the Brioni store, or better yet poke my head inside the Brioni Bespoke shop.

5. Gotta buy a nice necktie somewhere, to remember the trip. Maybe there is a kiton on sale somewhere around.....

6. a great Cappuccino, as I watch the pretty girls pass by in the morning.

7. Consult Alan Flusser's book, Clothes and the Man to see what else would be fun to see in the clothing world while in Milan.

Iron Horse

Reaction score
Gentlemen,

Thanks for the great suggestions. Artisan Fan, I think it was one of your past posts recommending Tincati that swayed me to want to go there in preference to the other retailers of Attolini.

G Lorenzi sounds like a gold mine. Can't wait to explore it. Several of the other suggestions (Al Bazar, Brioni, Kiton, 10 Corso Como) have been added to my itinerary. I get to Milan about once a quarter on business, so if time runs out on this trip, there will come another soon.

I appreciate the advice.

pabloj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Marinella has a shop in Milan ... and don't forget some modern furniture, Milan is a great place for that, see Kartell as an example

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads