• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Michael J Krell - affiliate thread (www.michaeljkrell.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MJK... I know this is probably a few months away, but what is your time frame for the Spring outerwear - specifically the anorak and raincoat? Any estimates to when we'll see some samples?

michaeljkrell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by evilgeniusdan
MJK... I know this is probably a few months away, but what is your time frame for the Spring outerwear - specifically the anorak and raincoat? Any estimates to when we'll see some samples?

The anorak is on the back burner now. We just haven't had too much luck is making something we like. The mac coat is still on its way though. Look for it in 4-6weeks. Right now, we are busy making hundreds of button down shirts in a dozen or so different styles/fabrics.

Originally Posted by nyf
I've never seen that upper button on the chest pocket detail before. Functionality is always stylish.

Yeah, I think Colby got that from American clothing in the early 1900s.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by michaeljkrell
Yeah, I think Colby got that from American clothing in the early 1900s.
Michael, Interesting that you brought this up. I've been wondering for a long while what influences you and Colby. Do you guy have particular ideas or design goals for each season? What about for the brand as a whole?

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
does the chambray have the button up, button down pocket?

upon first glance I thought it had a cigarette pocket, but I think I like this type better

aketo

Reaction score
Hey Michael, any update on the wool hats? Very interested in seeing how those came out

michaeljkrell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We have our general ideas about where we want to go with each season, but if we find a nice fabric or a garment that sells particularly well (like our asymmetrical hoodie) that doesn't fit too well in the rest of our garments, we still make it. That is one nice thing about not being a "traditional" clothing company. We can adjust to the needs of our customers and not have to show a collection to boutiques a year before it hit the stores. This, along with the fact that we manufacture everything in-house gives us a lot of flexibility.

Colby & I were discussing some of this the other night and Colby said that some of the best advice he has ever received was when Fok told us that each piece doesn't need to make a statement. We try to keep our clothing as simple as possible and free of nonfunctional gimmicks. We want to make pieces that people could wear on a regular basis while not making others wonder why they are wearing the same clothes all the time.

Right now, we are trying to get to a more "regular" fit with our clothing, but still look clean and sharp. Like I said previously, we will be giving you guys tons of $75 casual button downs in the next 4-6 weeks and continue that for the foreseeable future. Nothing can touch our button downs at this price. We have some awesome houndstooth coming soon, more pima cotton, bamboo/cotton poplins, lightweight iridescent chambrays (just found out it happens to be the same fabric that EG is using with some of their button downs), and multiple colored chambrays. It is really exciting for us to finally be able to get our hands on such a wide variety of amazing fabrics!

michaeljkrell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
does the chambray have the button up, button down pocket?

upon first glance I thought it had a cigarette pocket, but I think I like this type better

We will probably use this pocket on some of our future button downs (including chambray)

Originally Posted by aketo
Hey Michael, any update on the wool hats? Very interested in seeing how those came out

Yeah, I just need to take pictures of them and stick them up.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
multiple colored chambrays
Red? please please please Did you mean several different colors of chambray, or a chambray that is multiple colors? sorry i got excited there for a moment.

michaeljkrell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We will have red. We plan to do a reddish color in the iridescent chambray, but we are planning to do a red out regular chambray as well (you may have to wait till April or so for that though).

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We want to make pieces that people could wear on a regular basis while not making others wonder why they are wearing the same clothes all the time.

This was the general feeling I had. I can definitely appreciate this. Thanks for the thorough answer.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by robbie
Red?

Robbie, we found some red chambray! More information coming soon...

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the philosophy and ever since my first purchase, I've been very much a fan of your line. The simplicity yet uniqueness to your clothing is something I can appreciate.

Now, where do I petition to keep an occasional slim fit medium around in your future pima cotton button down collection??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads