Michael J Krell - affiliate thread (www.michaeljkrell.com)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Jan 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

you also have a lot more wide range of clothing retailers to purchase from too. theres not many clothing retailers who make xs slim cut things. if mjk was a lot more known it would have sold out a lot more quickly. i don't think its known past sf and sufu.

a lot of people everywhere ask me where i got my mjk hoodie or mjk shawl all the time. i go to them its michael j krell. their first expression is who the heck?

thank god for BoO still.

+1

2. PolePosition

PolePosition Senior member

you'll get new customers like me with the new fit to make up for the lost customers who can only wear XS or smaller. i can't fathom grown men being that little.

Agree.... I'm one of the new customers. Just ordered the gray/navy chambray today! Can't wait to get it.

3. Jekyll

Jekyll Senior member

Maybe you could make an extra extra small for us little people to size down to...

4. Asch

Asch Senior member

MJK, congrats on your continuing success!

Have you ever considered including more of a taper (or "drop") on your pieces? It seems that in many pics I see, MJK tops fit guys well in the shoulders and chest, and then blouse out at the waist or hips. (I remember multiple guys selling their heavy winter jackets because of flare at the hips.) I wonder whether a more athletic fit would help to satisfy both the small guys who liked your old XS and the larger guys who couldn't fit into your old stuff. Unless someone has a large gut -- and it doesn't seem many of your customers do -- the zero-taper look doesn't tend to be the most flattering.

5. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

You could charge more for the smaller cuts! (I'd pay it)

6. Chinook

Chinook Senior member

MJK, congrats on your continuing success!

Have you ever considered including more of a taper (or "drop") on your pieces? It seems that in many pics I see, MJK tops fit guys well in the shoulders and chest, and then blouse out at the waist or hips. (I remember multiple guys selling their heavy winter jackets because of flare at the hips.) I wonder whether a more athletic fit would help to satisfy both the small guys who liked your old XS and the larger guys who couldn't fit into your old stuff. Unless someone has a large gut -- and it doesn't seem many of your customers do -- the zero-taper look doesn't tend to be the most flattering.

I experience this problem with my bunnyhug which has made me hesitant of this new fit that appears to be even more parachutey.

7. converge

converge Senior member

Do you have any button-downs in slim extra-small left?

8. michaeljkrell

michaeljkrell Senior member

I experience this problem with my bunnyhug which has made me hesitant of this new fit that appears to be even more parachutey.

It will actually be more natural this time around. Everything fits slightly looser on top, so you could size down the garment would still fit on top and not be too wide on the bottom. It is more proportional.

Do you have any button-downs in slim extra-small left?

No, we are all out.

9. michaeljkrell

10. 8bpc

8bpc Senior member

Now I don't mean to be annoying since I think I've asked at least once in this thread before, but when are you going to have a full selection of the asymmetrical hoodies available? Awhile back you said around November. [​IMG] Will these have the same cut as the old asymmetrical hoodies?

11. Johnny5

Johnny5 Senior member

12. Asch

Asch Senior member

Everything fits slightly looser on top, so you could size down the garment would still fit on top and not be too wide on the bottom. It is more proportional.
    That sounds nice. For some reason I thought the new fit was going to be less "athletic" than the old.

13. michaeljkrell

Now I don't mean to be annoying since I think I've asked at least once in this thread before, but when are you going to have a full selection of the asymmetrical hoodies available? Awhile back you said around November. [​IMG] Will these have the same cut as the old asymmetrical hoodies?

We just got the buttons that have been on back order for the last 2 months. I honestly don't know if Colby adjusted the pattern. I don't think so though.

http://michaeljkrell.com/chambrayws.html

I checked and you still got this left, true??

Yes, what size were you looking to get.

Michael

14. Brutus

Brutus Senior member

Yes, what size were you looking to get.

Michael

You mean you don't have all of our sizes memorized?

15. michaeljkrell

I'm getting there :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.