• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cncaps.com

Reaction score
CNCAPS, from their website, are based in China and do not give any indication of their prices. https://www.cncaps.com/

I am sure that all of this is fine but I would prefer to know something more about their prices and quality. Yours, Munky

Thank you for your interest on this.
If you would like see samples then we can make a contact.

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I finally itched my western scratch.
IMG-20181125-WA0004.jpeg

Last edited:

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that a custom Western hat?
Nope. Stetson 4X Beaver. Black with royal blue trim and a braided leather band. A bit of a dressed up cowboy hat. The felt is very stiff and a 7-1/4 fits like a 7-1/8. I get tons of "sir"s and other various compliments wearing it.

Captain O

Reaction score
Nope. Stetson 4X Beaver. Black with royal blue trim and a braided leather band. A bit of a dressed up cowboy hat. The felt is very stiff and a 7-1/4 fits like a 7-1/8. I get tons of "sir"s and other various compliments wearing it.

That is nice, but if you paid over $350.00 for the hat, you paid too much. www.northwesthats.com can have one made for you from beaver fur felt for about $375.00, with about a six-month wait. (Believe me, for the quality provided it will be worth the wait).

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is nice, but if you paid over $350.00 for the hat, you paid too much. www.northwesthats.com can have one made for you from beaver fur felt for about $375.00, with about a six-month wait. (Believe me, for the quality provided it will be worth the wait).
I got it for a song. A hatter was trying to offload it for a while and didn't specialize in western hats. Near me, on 32nd/5th, J.J. Hatters have a rotating clearance section where they put up all sorts of interesting hats in rich browns, blues and greys. Most are fedoras. Some have braided horsehide bands. All are $75-$150 on clearance. I'll probably go in for one of those the next time I'm in the mood for a new hat.

I'm thinking cognac.

Captain O

Reaction score
I got it for a song. A hatter was trying to offload it for a while and didn't specialize in western hats. Near me, on 32nd/5th, J.J. Hatters have a rotating clearance section where they put up all sorts of interesting hats in rich browns, blues and greys. Most are fedoras. Some have braided horsehide bands. All are $75-$150 on clearance. I'll probably go in for one of those the next time I'm in the mood for a new hat.

I'm thinking cognac.

I have to hand it to you, you scored a nice hat for a song. Look up Mike Miller online. Tell him the man that bought the "5-layer shellac beaver fur black bowler" and the "double-C crown beaver fur felt Stetson "Whippet" style" hats, sent you. (I live in Northwestern Oregon). He'll know who I am.

You'll never regret buying from Mike Miller. The man will go down in history as one of the best "bang-for-the-buck" hattters in the world today.

Good luck, and may God bless.

Last edited:

Epicure

Reaction score
I finally itched my western scratch. View attachment 1078441
You wear this hat very well. You look more at ease in this than most of the other hats I've seen you sport. In fact, you look more at ease in this photo than all your fit pics I can manage to remember. Perhaps Western is YOUR style.

Eli Curt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You wear this hat very well. You look more at ease in this than most of the other hats I've seen you sport. In fact, you look more at ease in this photo than all your fit pics I can manage to remember. Perhaps Western is YOUR style.
Ha. Thanks! It's easy to look casual in casualwear on the weekend. I wore it again yesterday. It's a cool hat.
20181127_073056-01.jpeg

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't usually post in this thread, but I had the opportunity to visit Optimo Hats in Chicago, before Thanksgiving and I thought I'd share a couple of pictures of my purchases. I bought a couple of hats during that visit. The first is a Park Avenue Fedora in Silverbelly and the second is a Dearborn Fedora in a medium brown. Both hats are splendid.

IMG_1785.jpg IMG_2157.jpg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't usually post in this thread, but I had the opportunity to visit Optimo Hats in Chicago, before Thanksgiving and I thought I'd share a couple of pictures of my purchases. I bought a couple of hats during that visit. The first is a Park Avenue Fedora in Silverbelly and the second is a Dearborn Fedora in a medium brown. Both hats are splendid.

View attachment 1079736 View attachment 1079737
Always a pleasure seeing your posts Andy! Love the hats; is the Dearborn a 5" crown?

Captain O

Reaction score
Andy57: Both are nice. You're giving me the "itch" for another fedora. First, I want a granite (gray) Homburg from Northwest Hats. I'm still jealous of you, Andy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads