• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Men wearing women boots, Okay or not Okay?

RidingBootLover

Reaction score
Are there any guys out there who wear womens boots or other boots and shoes in general? I'm talking more casual [Riding Boots]. I'm fond of them on a woman. I find them sleek and gorgeous especially those that have gold on the back of the heel. I see a lot of girls in my city rock them, but it'd be freaky or weird for me to ask where they buy them. I love riding boots myself and find the women's better than mens. I'm kinda scared to wear them. Women tell me they're comfortable and females have more choices of clothing then men, why should I stay in that "limit"? In the end it's just footwear. Why should ladies have all the fun? I don't think it makes a person any less of a person. It shouldn't make me less of a man. I've had a nice talk with my cousin and told me "Do you and forget everybody elses standard. Start a trend". My cousin showed me a picture of Michael Jordan rocking a pair of Mary J. Blige boots sitting front row and that inspired me to buy a pair of marvelous black Michael Kors riding boots I seek. I have NO desire to be a woman. I'm a straight male, who just wants to live life. But I just want your overall opinion and thoughts on the whole matter? I'm thinking about pulling off a pair of MK's under a pair of men straight leg or boot cut jeans/pants. I don't have the guts to tuck them in skinnies. Then again I'm on the thick/kinda large side. I would roll up my pants a lil to reveal them a bit. What do you think?

Last edited:

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are there any guys out there who wear womens boots or other boots and shoes in general? I'm talking more casual [Riding Boots]. I'm fond of them on a woman. I find them sleek and gorgeous especially those that have gold on the back of the heel. I see a lot of girls in my city rock them, but it'd be freaky or weird for me to ask where they buy them. I love riding boots myself and find the women's better than mens. I'm kinda scared to wear them. Women tell me they're comfortable and females have more choices of clothing then men, why should I stay in that "limit"? In the end it's just footwear. Why should ladies have all the fun? I don't think it makes a person any less of a person. It shouldn't make me less of a man. I've had a nice talk with my cousin and told me "Do you and forget everybody elses standard. Start a trend". My cousin showed me a picture of Michael Jordan rocking a pair of Mary J. Blige boots sitting front row and that inspired me to buy a pair of marvelous black Michael Kors riding boots I seek. I have NO desire to be a woman. I'm a straight male, who just wants to live life. But I just want your overall opinion and thoughts on the whole matter? I'm thinking about pulling off a pair of MK's under a pair of men straight leg or boot cut jeans/pants. I don't have the guts to tuck them in skinnies. Then again I'm on the thick/kinda large side. I would roll up my pants a lil to reveal them a bit. What do you think?

These aren't actual riding boots, of course, they're just inspired by riding boots.

With real (English) riding boots there's no difference between men's and women's; the sizes are simply described differently. If you search you'll find conversion charts showing what men's size is the same as what women's size and vice versa. They're unisex, in short.

Of course you're not proposing to wear these for riding but rather as streetwear. That's a wholly different thing. In that context I don't see how you can avoid looking like you're wearing women's boots given the relevant cultural associations. Just so you're aware.

Cheers,

Ac

Last edited:

Astaroth

Reaction score
Your issue with high street versions is going to be fit. In the UK/ Europe a size 7 is a size 7 no matter your gender but a typical mans shoe is a E or F width where as a woman's one is a C width. A wide or extra wide fitting may be ok for you but certainly in the UK wider sizes shoes for women are unusual. There would be the option of going to a store for transvestites/transexuals given this is a common issue for them but if the range/ quality is what you want is a different question

Ultimately they're your feet/legs and up to you what you put them in. I dont see the attraction of wearing knee high FMBs but I do like wearing ankle boots, historically Doc Martins (8 eyelet) and more recently C&J Skye. I do like women in FMBs, fishnets, corsets and a host of other items but it doesnt create a desire in me to wear the same.

Ivytamwood

Reaction score

Ivytamwood

Reaction score
Go for it. No one will notice if you wear them under jeans. My (verymasculine) husband of 18 years wears 3” heeled boots under his jeans and very, very few notice those. He likes the way women’s boots look and feel. Too bad people cant just wear whatever they want however they want.

Women’s riding boots have rounder toes than other women’s boots so it’s not that big of a deal.

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have used real riding boots with the appropriate breeches, for their purpose: horse back riding. If you google "men's equestrian boots" you will find different choices. What I can tell you is that using tall boots under your jeans is not comfortable at all, that is not the way of using them. If you want the "equestrian" feel, why don't you go with a nice pair of Chelsea or Jodhpur boots?

Awilliams25

Reaction score
Im a 34 year old male that lives in the UK. My brother has learning difficulties and stays in a home for adults where he participates in many different activities. Horse riding is one of them and he was given a pair of tall rubber riding boots. Unfortunately they didnt fit him so they gave them to me. I dont own a pair of wellies so I decided to wear them when walking my parents dog in the woods as it gets super muddy around here in the winter. I dont wear them in public places like supermarkets or in the street, only in practical places where it is muddy or wet. I also do have to wear them with tight breeches as they dont fit over normal trousers.

I have a lot of fun in them as they do get a lot of attention off people I pass on walks. Some people look at me like I have three heads as its mainly girls that wear them now, they probably think im gay or somthing but I think its funny more than anything. I love the attention even if its not all good. I almost get the impression that people feel jealous that they are not wearing them and they for some reason make me feel powerful when Im wearing them...dont know how to explain that but its true.

A few weeks ago I passed a group of kids on the path and they said they loved my wellies. I decided to exhibition them for a few seconds and gave them a bit of a stomp in the puddles. It brought back memories of when I used to walk in the woods with my mother when I was a kid and splash in the puddles...all good fun.

A few weeks ago it was snowing really badly and i have to go to deliver a package to my freind in the country. I wore the riding boots and I passed 2 guys on the road walking their dog and they were both looking at me with a 'what the hell' expression on their faces haha.. I had my hood up on my coat but as im 6 foot they were trying to workout if it was girl or guy. I thought i was hilarious.

Guys wearing things like this is a good thing to me. It was always the norm years ago but women seemed to have commandeered the fashion now, bring back the old school I say!

I think they look great on me! Hehe

Love and peace guys!

20190224-224945.jpg

Screenshot-20190224-222715.jpg

Last edited:

Paul902

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is a pair of NOS vintage Church's riding boots, made by Hartt after the Strathcona boot used by the RCMP. Goodyear welted, double leather soles, amazing lines. I have not handled a more kick-ass pair of boots. They totally rock!!

PF1_1572.JPG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads