• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mux8

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm seriously looking to get a pair of boots and oxfords from meermin.
What are the most versatile options?

Boot:
114077 - EXPRESSO ANTIQUE CALF - E
Shoe:
Maybe black cap oxford (formal events)
or just a brown plain cap oxford (more versatile)?
What about half brogue?

I tend to wear jeans a lot: hoping the boots would work well as my everyday wear.

Thanks!

mux8

Reaction score
Also anyone have experience with their wallets? I'm debating between meermin and carl friedrik options :)

michaeliany

Reaction score
I loving these model 101610 antique oak nsts:
E665748A-A760-47DB-9DA9-E56B96B99E45.jpeg
8101B434-3B72-4CAF-981A-8EB78C4CDA06.jpeg
648485C8-2831-43A1-8B0E-EF445B8D41C7.jpeg
3DF17CA5-AAB1-4CE3-B6EA-32F90C956EE9.jpeg

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Shinki Cordovan MTO due to ship end of September, I emailed as wasn’t sure if the extended period affected that. The HOK boot.

josef1

Reaction score
Hello gentlemen!

I just received my winnings from Meermins online contest of their unlined loafers and I must say, these are a beaut!
(Apologies in advance for the lenghy image-y post, just want to share these with everyone)
Unlined.jpg
Dark brown unlined string loafers

20190830_103248.jpg
Soft calf heel bed with suede (CRAZY comfortable)

20190830_103303.jpg
Clean finishing

20190830_103420.jpg
Unlined throughout the whole shoe -- maybe very minimal stiffener on the toe

20190830_103352.jpg
Heel counter still placed, I appreciate this since it helps keep shape and wont collapse on under your heel

20190830_103431.jpg
Goodyear goodness

20190830_134821.jpg
Again, CRAZY comfortable. It feels like a sock. I took a half size down in these from 7UK to 6.5UK -- highly recommend this as it being unlined PLUS being a loafer, you need the extra tightness. These fit perfectly. (I wear 7UK in most of my shoes - meermin RUI, HIRO, Loake Capital, Carlos Santos 234, etc)

Definitely looking forward to getting more of their unlined items!

Cheers!

Skelnik

Reaction score
Hello gentlemen!

I just received my winnings from Meermins online contest of their unlined loafers and I must say, these are a beaut!
(Apologies in advance for the lenghy image-y post, just want to share these with everyone)
View attachment 1232160
Dark brown unlined string loafers

View attachment 1232161
Soft calf heel bed with suede (CRAZY comfortable)

View attachment 1232162
Clean finishing

View attachment 1232164
Unlined throughout the whole shoe -- maybe very minimal stiffener on the toe

View attachment 1232163
Heel counter still placed, I appreciate this since it helps keep shape and wont collapse on under your heel

View attachment 1232165
Goodyear goodness

View attachment 1232167
Again, CRAZY comfortable. It feels like a sock. I took a half size down in these from 7UK to 6.5UK -- highly recommend this as it being unlined PLUS being a loafer, you need the extra tightness. These fit perfectly. (I wear 7UK in most of my shoes - meermin RUI, HIRO, Loake Capital, Carlos Santos 234, etc)

Definitely looking forward to getting more of their unlined items!

Cheers!

Congratulations on scoring such a nice pair of loafers! They look fantastic! They may be the most comfortable looking pair of loafers I have seen.

Last edited:

VulpesVulpes

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am looking at getting this pair of boots from Meermin, their shearling lined cap toe. I have never bought anything from Meermin before as I favor Carmina because their Simpson last suits me very very well.

In terms of sizing, what do you think would fit me best, a 6, 6,5 or 7 UK?

To give you an idea of what fits me well (and what doesn't):

Carmina last Simpson 7 UK perfect fit, I might be able to fit in a 6,5 but it would be tight

J Fitzpatrick last NGT 6,5 UK perfect fit, no complaints whatsoever

Sons of Henrey last Soft Square 6,5 UK, a bit too tight for my heels

Carlos Santos last 316 6,5 UK, doesn't fit me well, too wide, too long but I am at the limit on the instep

Any thoughts?

josef1

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am looking at getting this pair of boots from Meermin, their shearling lined cap toe. I have never bought anything from Meermin before as I favor Carmina because their Simpson last suits me very very well.

Carmina last Simpson 7 UK perfect fit, I might be able to fit in a 6,5 but it would be tight

Carlos Santos last 316 6,5 UK, doesn't fit me well, too wide, too long but I am at the limit on the instep

Any thoughts?

I might go for 7UK given that info. Having shearling lining might take up more space inside, plus it being a boot gives you more support around the ankle, reducing heel slip.

VulpesVulpes

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, according to Meermin the sizing has been adapted to avoid the lining having an impact on the Hiro last but I take that info with a grain of salt.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any thoughts?

In terms of shearling and sizing, I’ll pass this along. I own several pairs of shearling lined boots and can tell you the Meermin pairs I own are the only ones that properly size their shearling boots. I wear the same size in their shearling, as I wear without shearling. I learned the hard way, the other makers I own with shearling, require a half size up. The fact that Meermin also give a full lining, (footbed & shaft), as well as size them properly, makes Meermin the only shearling lined boots I purchase.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
In terms of shearling and sizing, I’ll pass this along. I own several pairs of shearling lined boots and can tell you the Meermin pairs I own are the only ones that properly size their shearling boots. I wear the same size in their shearling, as I wear without shearling. I learned the hard way, the other makers I own with shearling, require a half size up. The fact that Meermin also give a full lining, (footbed & shaft), as well as size them properly, makes Meermin the only shearling lined boots I purchase.
Your the man to ask about this, what should we expect with the cordovan release this next few weeks, Shinki Cordovan boot. How would you say their quality compares to some of your (admittedly more expensive) boots?

Looking forward to the arrival as never owned Meermin before yet not a huge cordovan fan.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I semi want a pair of shearling boots for the maybe one day a year I'd get to wear them in Atlanta just to be able to say I have a pair. But here's a semi-stupid question: do you still need socks with shearling?

Coffandcig

Reaction score
That's some good info.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads