• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

starro

Reaction score
1+

Excellent reasoning about purchasing any shoe really, especially online. Without trying on the pair you want, it's hard to make a call of what your best fit may be. Besides finding a mass of information to make a decision on what size and last to get, there's still a risk to take since everyone has different feet. Unfortunately, there are no known retailers, that I know of, that supply Meermin shoes besides Meermin themselves. So unless you're in Spain, there's going to be a risk in making a purchase online if you don't already have a good fitted pair. Ultimately, there is a risk, but for damn fine shoes it's worth it!

Thank you. I just want to make it clear that I'm not directing anything at you. The subject matter got me thinking about the perils of untested shoes, or any handmade item really (the only way completely to eliminate variation is to mass-produce plastic shoes). Recognizing the risk beforehand helps us to deal with issues that arise post-purchase.

I think Meermin explains that they specifically avoid the middleman, except for Japan. So yes, over the Internet is about the only way for anyone not living in Mallorca. In the US, unless you happen to live in/near a big city with stores that carry imported shoes, the only selection you can try out for yourself comes from the blobby twins of AE and Alden.

starro

Reaction score
Order today, receive within 3 or 4 days.

So they resolved all their order backlog issues? (I'm seriously asking; I haven't dealt with them for a long time).

Risk is buying a GMTO online from makers like Bonafè, GG, C&J, Vass or any other, dish out €600+, and 3 months later receive a pair of shoes in which you can't squeeze your foot in... and you can't return them.

This is risk.

Let's see. Tossing out 600+ euros without having a really good idea as to the compatibility of the last+size with your feet. Knowing upfront that the seller won't accept the returns, but still go ahead anyway. I would say that's imprudence haha.
mwink[1].gif

Last edited:

mbaltazar

Reaction score

So they resolved all their order backlog issues? (I'm seriously asking; I haven't dealt with them for a long time).

Let's see. Tossing out 600+ euros without having a really good idea as to the compatibility of the last+size with your feet. Knowing upfront that the seller won't accept the returns, but still go ahead anyway. I would say that's imprudence haha. 
mwink%5B1%5D.gif

I guess so. I live in Portugal, so it's quite near, but in 3-4 days from order to delivery I receive them.

Lol, I think the same, but you have forums here where that is the "usual". A couple measures, length and width, some educated guess work "if you're size x in brand z, than size 9 should fit"...

Last edited:

CloudLi

Reaction score
That infographic is outdated by now. It shows discontinued lasts, and is missing quite a few new ones. Furthermore, someone pointed out (and I don't remember who) that it's meant to illustrate differences in toe shapes, not width.
Thanks. G width is standard width or wide for Meermin?

Bruges

Reaction score
Meermin should consider putting a little more effort in educating and informing their customers. I don't think it would cost 1 person more than 1 week to build an overview of all their lasts, sole and leather options etc.

Diego65

Reaction score
Meermin should consider putting a little more effort in educating and informing their customers. I don't think it would cost 1 person more than 1 week to build an overview of all their lasts, sole and leather options etc.
Hi! It's true, I love shoes, but always be afraid about buy online regarding the size and the fit.
By example: I like Carmina shoes, , instead of buy online y try in barcelona the different last and different models, well is surprising how different fit every model (because I born in Barcelona and travel frequently). Same thing CJ and Cheany and Church and EG.
Beside I´m lucky for leaving in Europe.
Then I can underestand what difficult is buy over internet, unless you really know the shoes and how fit. Then they need to put more effort into guide the consumer.

I´ve seen really nice shoes in Meermin but the only way to buy one pair is travel to Madrid (is not gonna happen, by now) and try the shoes.
Good luck everyone
Kind regards
Diego

rhone04

Reaction score
I want to share my knowledge. I just bought a pair of Meermin Chestnut blucher having "Rui" last. I usually wear Euro 42 so i order also euro 42 from them, I like the fit. Shoes needs to break in a couple of wears and i have blisters as of now. From Spain to Dubai via UPS delivery took 2 weeks from the day of ordering.

Skelnik

Reaction score

I want to share my knowledge. I just bought a pair of Meermin Chestnut blucher having "Rui" last. I usually wear Euro 42 so i order also euro 42 from them, I like the fit. Shoes needs to break in a couple of wears and i have blisters as of now. From Spain to Dubai via UPS delivery took 2 weeks from the day of ordering.
Thanks for the info. Can you tell me the U.K. Size that equates to euro 42? Is it 8UK? This is helpful as I'm the same size.

Last edited:

rhone04

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Can you tell me the U.K. Size that equates to euro 42? Is it 8UK? This is helpful as I'm the same size.
yes 8 UK. if you have a normal feet (not narrow, not wide) then you dont face any problems in my opinion. Good luck

Skelnik

Reaction score
Does the HIRO last size the same as the RUI last (generally speaking). For instance if I wear a UK size 8 in RUI should I stay the same size for HIRO?

Meermin

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Good afternoon guys!

Our new NST have just been added to our MTO Groups in several color ways! Available in different beautiful French calfs, Luxurious Italian reverse calf, Tobacco Hatchgrain & also several different sole options.

Hope you like them as much as we do!

Have a nice afternoon!

Meermin

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Does the HIRO last size the same as the RUI last (generally speaking). For instance if I wear a UK size 8 in RUI should I stay the same size for HIRO?

RUI Last has a more generous fitting compared with the HIRO which features a regular/medium fitting.

In case the RUI last fits snug in size 8UK we do recommend going for an 8.5UK on the HIRO.

Hoping that helps & have a great afternoon!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads