• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

conqueror

Reaction score
this is going to be a fairly ridiculous question, but i'm hoping for some rough sizing advice even though i don't know my exact brannock size.

although i have several expensive pairs of sneakers (common projects, raf, etc), i've never needed a pair of dress shoes until now. the closet thing i own is a pair of dr. marten 1461s in a UK 10 which are maybe a tiiiiny bit too short on my right foot, but plenty wide due to their shape/last. i have previously owned red wing postman oxfords in a US 11 as well. in terms of sneakers, i'm pretty much a US 12 across the board (vans, nike, etc).

i'm looking at a pair of 101509s (https://www.meermin.es/articulo.php?idArt=4288#), and am leaning towards a UK 10 or 10.5, but obviously it's a big gamble (i live in australia as well, so shipping them back would be expensive). i also like the 101534 model, but they don't seem to offer them with a rubber sole.

is measuring my foot on paper an option if i don't have access to a brannock?

Last edited:

AMD500

Reaction score
this is going to be a fairly ridiculous question, but i'm hoping for some rough sizing advice even though i don't know my exact brannock size.

although i have several expensive pairs of sneakers (common projects, raf, etc), i've never needed a pair of dress shoes until now. the closet thing i own is a pair of dr. marten 1461s in a UK 10 which are maybe a tiiiiny bit too short on my right foot, but plenty wide due to their shape/last. i have previously owned red wing postman oxfords in a US 11 as well. in terms of sneakers, i'm pretty much a US 12 across the board (vans, nike, etc).

i'm looking at a pair of 101509s (https://www.meermin.es/articulo.php?idArt=4288#), and am leaning towards a UK 10 or 10.5, but obviously it's a big gamble (i live in australia as well, so shipping them back would be expensive). i also like the 101534 model, but they don't seem to offer them with a rubber sole.

is measuring my foot on paper an option if i don't have access to a brannock?
Go to ANY shoe store, and get your foot measured on a brannock ( forgive me if that's not possible in Australia). Then email Meermin and ask the source. I have found them to be very helpful. Good luck. Those are some great looking shoes.

robkez313

Reaction score
Hi,
i'm searching matching belt for these shoes. Navy grain leather with nickel buckle

Miguelu

Reaction score
Hi,
i'm searching matching belt for these shoes. Navy grain leather with nickel buckle

No luck finding any decent navy grain belts to match mine either, I'm afraid. Maybe just go a regular navy calf belt?

Haven't seen these, they look great. Where can you get these from?

Thanks
Carl.

These were a GMTO a few months back - maybe around March? I managed to pick a pair up for myself back then, but I don't think it's available on their site now. Perhaps you could email Meermin and suggest they put it back up as a GMTO?

Last edited:

DerangedGoose

Reaction score
Can anyone compare the fit of the Olfe last to the Allen Edmonds 5 last? I wear a 10.5 D in the AE 5 last (Kenilworth), and I cant decide if I need a 9.5UK in the Olfe last, or if I should go up to 10 because in case it is a very narrow last.

1907jb

Reaction score
Can anyone compare the fit of the Olfe last to the Allen Edmonds 5 last? I wear a 10.5 D in the AE 5 last (Kenilworth), and I cant decide if I need a 9.5UK in the Olfe last, or if I should go up to 10 because in case it is a very narrow last.

The Olfe feels similar to the 5 last in D width. I have E width feet and sizing one down on the Olfe is too narrow, while sizing half down makes the shoe too long.

DeepBlu

Reaction score
I'm having some trouble with reconciling last shapes. I have bought a pair of loafers on the Ron last, which are perfect length but slightly too narrow/uncomfortable across the toes.

I had a quick look at meermin's lasts (in particular the picture with the 8 lasts side by side), and there is no Ron. I was looking on meermins website last evening at some loafers on the MTO list, on the "Elton" last.

Two questions - are there any lasts which may suit better given the Ron last was too narrow across the toes, and which last on the picture referenced (http://meermin.tumblr.com/image/20983395357) would be the Elton last?

Pb924

Reaction score
Thinking about that split toe blucher. Do you guys size down a half from your hiro size for the rui?

DerangedGoose

Reaction score

The Olfe feels similar to the 5 last in D width. I have E width feet and sizing one down on the Olfe is too narrow, while sizing half down makes the shoe too long.

Did you mean sizing half up makes it too long? Do you recommend I go with a 9.5UK Olfe if I am a 10.5D in Allen Edmonds 5 last?

1907jb

Reaction score
Did you mean sizing half up makes it too long? Do you recommend I go with a 9.5UK Olfe if I am a 10.5D in Allen Edmonds 5 last?

Yes, I meant sizing half up.

I wear US9E in the 5 last, and UK8 in the Olfe is too narrow, while UK8.5 is too long. I've accepted that the Olfe last doesn't fit my E-width foot very well.

Since you're a US10.5 in a D width, you should have better luck with the Olfe last in UK9.5. You may find your feet sliding forward and heel slipping if you went with UK10.

Last edited:

AMD500

Reaction score
So just pulled the trigger on some size 8UK Rui Last Ebay boots. I'm a true 9.5D on the brannock device. I wear a 9D in Alden Barrie & Trubalance last boots. Did I mess up here? My typical approach would be go down one size for UK sizing, but from what I have read the Rui Last is LARGE.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics