• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion.
I contacted Meermin and they provided some measurements, thought this may be of interest to others:

RUI

L 306 mm shoe outsole 8.5UK

W 108 mm shoe outsole 8.5UK

L 288 mm last insole 8.5UK

W 103 mm last insole 8.5UK

Foot 26.8 cm 8.5UK

HIRO

L 301 mm shoe outsole 8.5UK

W 106 mm shoe outsole 8.5UK

L 284 mm last insole 8.5UK

W 102 mm last insole 8.5UK

Foot 26.8 cm 8.5UK

HIRO

L 305mm shoe outsole 9UK

W 107mm shoe outsole 9UK

L 288mm shoe insole 9UK

W 103mm last insole 9UK

Foot 27,2 cm 9UK

Leather

Reaction score
I am looking to buy the Loafer in Chestnut Antique calf. I am 8.5 in Hiro, what size in this (Ron last)?

sisyphe97

Reaction score
Hi,
I am planning to buy classic oxfords either in chestnut antique calf or antique oak calf to wear with a dark navy suit at a friend's wedding.
Any suggestions on which will look better?
-Thanks

bm93

Reaction score

Hi,
I am planning to buy classic oxfords either in chestnut antique calf or antique oak calf to wear with a dark navy suit at a friend's wedding.
-Thanks

I don't think you can go wrong with either one. Chestnut will be a little be more flashy, so it's really going to come down to what you prefer.

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi,
-Thanks
I would stick with the darker of the 2. You don't want too much of a contrast between your dark Navy trousers and your shoes. Especially at a wedding where the idea is to blend in and let the couple get all the shine.

sisyphe97

Reaction score
Great advice, thanks!
I would stick with the darker of the 2. You don't want too much of a contrast between your dark Navy trousers and your shoes. Especially at a wedding where the idea is to blend in and let the couple get all the shine.

Last edited:

saidm

Reaction score
Hi I'm new in this forum. I am 9UK in Loake claridge last.
What size will Meermin hiro last will fit me?
Thanks.

mcl911

Reaction score
Too much sizing on this thread

Not the best weather and photo

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree - and not enough pictures!

MrTopCat

Reaction score
Recently nabbed these off eBay.

They're Linea Maestro, handwelted on the New Rey last.

Cost a total of £115 (inc. shipping) for shoes that are usually 260 euros (not including the shipping + PayPal costs) and are no longer on the website:

They are brand new, the toe brogue is slightly damaged but it's pretty unnoticeable to me.

Any opinions on these?

ktown

Reaction score
Do I need to resole? I had never bothered to look at the condition of these shoes for a while. They've been squeaking when I walk.

It looks like the welt is separating from the sole. Can they be re-attached to create a nearly seamless look again? If the cost of the repair job is a large % of the value of the shoes, I may not bother.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads