• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reaction score
What surprises me is how thin the edges look; there's almost no depth at all over what appears to be a plastic counter. The latter seems pretty common these days, but if the leather's as thin there as it looks it really must have come from the bottom of the heap. Or rather, the cow.

I'll show you a better picture. That's a good point that you raise and something I can use in my correspondence with meermin.

Sorry about the quality, was taken on my phone.

That does looks very thin/poor quality though doesn't it?

leetpuma

Reaction score
I'll show you a better picture. That's a good point that you raise and something I can use in my correspondence with meermin.

Sorry about the quality, was taken on my phone.

That does looks very thin/poor quality though doesn't it?

If you poke at the white spot do you hit plastic?
Maybe try putting some water on it does it discolor like leather? Or does it stay the same color?

If you are hitting plastic that is some very thin leather which could be more meermins fault.

It does however look like a scratch from you rubbing/scratching your foot against something. Which would really be your fault.

In which case buy some leather glue *(barge rubber cement is really good) put just an small ammount on the flap and close it. And do not worry about it. Condition an polish it as usual.

Your only hope is if they agree that the leather was way too thin and as a result broke. On the webpage they say leather is 1.3-1.5 mm thick(classic line black). So try measuring it

Also to help with knowing how thick different leathers look:
http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/en-usd/leatherguide.aspx

This pic not to scale see link above :

Last edited:

SRichard

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience working out their size by emailing Meermin measurements? & if so has this worked out ok?

I asked them & they sent me an outline of a sole which I've used to measure my foot & have sent them the measurements to get a size recommendation.

I'm going to order some but am a little nervous re sizing...

FWIW I'm after shoes on the Hiro last & I'm 28cm long & 10cm wide using their guide

agedashidofu

Reaction score

Just a quick question:

Is the quality of the leather for Museuem Calf the same as that of other Linea Mastro leathers?

(Basically I want to know if the Museum calf is also high quality leather(better than classic line) or is it just nicely patina-ed classic line leather? -- by "quality" I mean leather strength.)

(I care more about leather strength than prettyness but I would like both :p )

Better - thicker and suppler than even the linea maestro calf. Looks better too

Last edited:

leetpuma

Reaction score
Better - thicker and suppler than even the linea maestro calf. Looks better too

Thank you !!! good to know for the future.

I am an succker for strong leather and am biased by shell codovan because of that. But I may try out the Museum Calf one day then.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If I sized up .5 in the Hiro last, would this be the same for Rui last? Or I can wear TTS since Rui vamp and toe box is roomier, according to photos.

REguy

Reaction score
^ The Rui has lots of volume compared to the Hiro. I'd go TTS or down .5.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^Thanks for the input. I will stay TTS most likely (UK 7.5) as I still find the UK 8 Hiro a tad tight at times (maybe it's just my feet though as it starts to get sore by end of the day).

hirocho

Reaction score
I want to get a pair of meermin shoes but not sure about the size... I used to get UK 9 for other brands like magnanni, paul smith, havent really tried others. I tried to google it but got mixed feedback. Sent an email to meermin and they told me UK 9 is equivalent to 296mm 100mm for insole.. I can measure by myself but for sure it may not be accurate.

Really would like to hear your advice for new rey last. Thanks!

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

denbo

Reaction score
I ordered on the first available day, too. 30 days mark passed now, but didn't hear anything until now.

~~Conditions 1.At first, all orders will be shipped out within the next 30 days, in special cases it will take longer, but we will contact you to inform.

leetpuma

Reaction score
Anyone else waiting for their plum museum shoes to get shipped?

I ordered a pair the first day they were offered but it didn't ship so I canceled like yesterday.

I ordered on the first available day, too. 30 days mark passed now, but didn't hear anything until now.

~~Conditions 1.At first, all orders will be shipped out within the next 30 days, in special cases it will take longer, but we will contact you to inform.

I would say this is a special case. They just got it in stock and I assume they are working out supply line kinks.

If you are not able to wait you probably dont want meermins in the first place... But if you are able to wait they offer by far the best price on museum calf under the sun.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads