• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HughJ

Reaction score

That brings up an interesting point. For Canadians in the GTA, might it be possible to avoid some or all of these fees by sending the order to a USA address for pickup near the border? The service is already available as far as I have researched (I'm in Toronto, but have never used this service, nor purchased anything yet from Meermin). I would never agree to $137 in duties, so unless there is a workaround such as this, I may have to just forget about this value-per-dollar from Meermin.

If anyone has some insight to offer us Canadians, I'm sure we're all really interested to know if this is a possiblity.

I don't know if every UPS store does this, but I know of two near the Niagara bridges that receive shipments for $5 a pop (+$1 for every day they have to hold it). You have to call them to create a file and then you're good to go. They give you a "street address" so that it doesn't look sketchy to prospective sellers/shippers, and your goods go straight from the courier to a secure store, so it's actually better than getting dumped on someone's front porch. They give you a call when your stuff arrives and the rest is up to you.

MCanavan6

Reaction score
Just placed an order for the Dark Brown Captoes and Black Wholecuts (Classic Line). Let's see how long this takes...also picked up 2 of their belts.

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After seeing that leather, I hate myself so much for having to get out of the group buy. I'm with fox81, I could use (but surely not afford) furniture in that stuff.

HughJ

Reaction score

After seeing that leather, I hate myself so much for having to get out of the group buy. I'm with fox81, I could use (but surely not afford) furniture in that stuff.

I just sent Terrorsquad a PM to the same effect. Deep regret.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just sent Terrorsquad a PM to the same effect. Deep regret.

Well maybe you can turn your regrets into an opportunity. In case any of you are interested for second round only in plum museum calf color I am in :embar:

Aieyric

Reaction score
Some pictures of my latest order from meermin

Faustuses

Reaction score

I don't know if every UPS store does this, but I know of two near the Niagara bridges that receive shipments for $5 a pop (+$1 for every day they have to hold it). You have to call them to create a file and then you're good to go. They give you a "street address" so that it doesn't look sketchy to prospective sellers/shippers, and your goods go straight from the courier to a secure store, so it's actually better than getting dumped on someone's front porch. They give you a call when your stuff arrives and the rest is up to you.

Good to hear that this is a somewhat standard practice. The site I linked seems to have a reputable history but is by no means a large company like UPS (as far as I can tell). Service fees are much smaller compared to the duties Canadian posters have been reporting, so as long as there's not much complication in bring the shoes over the border, this might just be a way to save some money and an excuse to go on a roadtrip to Niagara/Buffalo.

Granted, you still might have to risk American duties.. but the odds are much better as our sampling has suggested.

dufferin1

Reaction score
Here is a quick picture my father took of my double-monks. I won't have them in my hand until next Thursday, but, they look fantastic. Super excited!! Sorry for the lighting.

kcox68

Reaction score
Here is a quick picture my father took of my double-monks. I won't have them in my hand until next Thursday, but, they look fantastic. Super excited!! Sorry for the lighting.

Those look beautiful! I hope to have a pair just like them someday. I'm at 45 days and counting right now.

lolscoolcat

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads