• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JBMarce21

Reaction score
eek.gif
nod[1].gif
haha glad to have something! Let me know if anyone has seen the store!

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My new double monks. A good shoe for the price and amazingly fast shipping. They only took 4 days to get to me.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Damn, those knobs are bigger than the ones on our cupboards.

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks Naka. I agree. I was leaning towards it but your advice helped.

Pepe said they can make a boot similar to the look of the JL William boot. Biggest notice able difference is the shaft, JL is about an inch higher which is what I want.

Double Monk Boot
Burgundy Shell
Double leather
Olfe last

JBMarce21

Reaction score
haha glad to have something! Let me know if anyone has seen the store!
btw just realized there is a pic on the site haha oops

Naka

Reaction score

Thanks Naka. I agree. I was leaning towards it but your advice helped.

Pepe said they can make a boot similar to the look of the JL William boot. Biggest notice able difference is the shaft, JL is about an inch higher which is what I want.

Double Monk Boot
Burgundy Shell
Double leather
Olfe last

Burgundy sounds nice. Double sole is best sole too, I noticed in the Carmina x Epaulet thread that the single sole boots looked a little anaemic.

Has anyone heard if Meermin does a double to single taper? When done right it looks great, but if Meermin can do it right is still yet to be seen.

Dingusberry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where do I buy the stuff from the meermin.tumblr? I can't find some of the shoes posted on the blog in the webshop.

dsc

Reaction score
Gents,

I just got these:

meermin_monks.jpg

When I tried them with the buckles undone, left shoe stays on my foot when walking normally, but right shoe keeps slipping and popping out from the shoe as if it's a bit loose. You reckon it's going to be a problem with monks? I cannot lace them harder if I need to and I'm a bit worried they will get loose as the leather stretches. They are a UK8, I can try swapping for UK7.5, but then I think the left shoe will be too tight as it's snug at the moment (my right foot is slightly smaller than my left). I never had monks so I'm not sure what the fit should be like.

Regards,
dsc.

madkap

Reaction score
~ 10 wears and just got them shined yesterday. Has broken in quite nicely to my feet. Classic line cap toe oxfords.

Last edited:

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

102390 in UK 7. Beautiful shoes.

I wear a 6.5 in Ama last, and sizing up to 7 for New Rey was correct. The last is quite narrow. The last toe of my right foot was rubbing against the insole. I expect the leather to soften after a few wears though, so it should be fine.

This is New Rey? Look good. What are peoples' thoughts on the last?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads