• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've got pictures of the NST bluchers and longwings in this thread somewhere, both on the Rui last. I find the last fits reasonably standard in width, but with a high toebox, meaning wider feet can manage a bit after breaking in. I can't comment on the instep, unfortunately.

Maybe a bit more roomy but mostly the feel the same as the olfie.

Thanks! I'll search the topic for more examples.

NotoriousMarquis

Reaction score

Classic collection, not cordovan. They're on their website, but only in suede, costs €170.

This annoys me a bit, because I have no idea what variety of things are available off their website. Their tumblr has only a few things that are different from the website and part of the classic collection.

If i wanted the ama wholecut in a light brown leather, would I have to go MTO, or would they just make it for me? While at first it seemed like the answer would invariably be the former, it now seems like it could feasibly be the latter as well.

kev777

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Classic collection, not cordovan. They're on their website, but only in suede, costs €170.

This annoys me a bit, because I have no idea what variety of things are available off their website. Their tumblr has only a few things that are different from the website and part of the classic collection.

If i wanted the ama wholecut in a light brown leather, would I have to go MTO, or would they just make it for me? While at first it seemed like the answer would invariably be the former, it now seems like it could feasibly be the latter as well.

Meermin will make just about anything you want just ask !! I did and theyre making it , wheres the problem and annoyance ????

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone on here have experience of buying Meermin and have it shipped to Asia?

ncdobson

Reaction score

Seems like the only way to find out (if you can't visit the stores) is email & enquire about non-pictured stock. Otherwise MTO.

NotoriousMarquis

Reaction score

Meermin will make just about anything you want just ask !! I did and theyre making it , wheres the problem and annoyance ????

OH no, you completely misread my tone and I 100% understand why. I am in no way annoyed at meermin. They're making lovely shoes at a fantastic price. What annoys me is that the moment I finally choose a single shoe I want and am ready to pull the trigger, I find out I might secretly have more options than were initially apparent.

Annoyed is the wrong word, its more like, decision anxiety haha. Not being able to afford, at present, more than one shoe makes it almost an emotional choice and perhaps less of an aesthetic choice.

Last edited:

akg101

Reaction score
Anyone have a pair of Allen Edmonds and able to comment on how the lengths compare?

Is it true that these run a bit larger than AEs in general?

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bit of a double post (also in Oz thread) but for those looking for some sizing guidance and inspiration ... my Meermin's arrived today!

Fit like a glove (C&J 337 9uk and im a 9UK on the Hiro last) and quality great! Not as good as C&J handgrade or a Carmina but lightyears ahead of any shoes at the same price point. In fact these fit better than my carmina's (Simpson last 9UK was too tight across the vamp and 9UK robert has some heel slip now they have broken in)

* Meermin Hiro last black oxford captoes

Romp, can you comment on the width and the instep of these compared with your C&J 337's? And are your C&J's also captoe oxfords? I can get my feet inside my C&J Belgraves, but wouldn't mind a bit of extra width and a higher instep.

ThomasoAIK

Reaction score
The wholecut and captoe blucher in the classic line looks real good to me. Think iam going to order a pair or two at these prices

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads