• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rdugz

Reaction score
You’ll notice it’s a little different from their original offering. This particular model is referred to as, a Hand Sewn 270 degree Norvagese boot. In any case, the 138025 is a standard offering in their repertoire.
Fascinating -- what is the difference? Can't say it stands out to me...

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fascinating -- what is the difference? Can't say it stands out to me...
There’s a double stitch of the upper, at it’s attachment to the sole. The original offer had a single stitch there.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did they offer these again last fall, then? Did I miss these MTOs twice? Man....
No, during a custom boot MTO I asked them what shells they had available. Then, chose five shells, asked if they could make me five pairs in the 138025 model, they said yes and viola.

stormboy202

Reaction score
most people TTS with Rod last? Trying to figure it out with my low volume, skinny ankled feet and wondering about a secondhand gamble..

Last edited:

Nicolas92

Reaction score
Hello,
last month i bought my first pair of Meermin boots (114787, dark brown, shearling lined).
They are very comfortable and warm and i like them a lot.

But i have a small problem because the shoe tongue of my left boot always slips to the left.
It only happens to the left boot and it always happens after 10-15 min of walking no matter how i lace the shoes.

Do you have the same problem and would it make sense to stich a hole into the middle of the shoe tongue so that i can pull the laces through it or is there a better solution?

Davakint

Reaction score
Someone here that owns this particular model and could share his experience?
101198 brown suede

Have been looking at this pair for quite a while now. Seems like a nice versatile pair for when I need something a bit more formal than sneakers.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, during a custom boot MTO I asked them what shells they had available. Then, chose five shells, asked if they could make me five pairs in the 138025 model, they said yes and viola.
My typical Meermin size is a UK8.5, I attempted to go down a half to UK8 but they were too small. This was a because they use their Ultraflex system on the ROD last, what that means is it has a sole insert that is very thick. Consequently, I removed the inserts and achieved a very good fit without them. I then chose a UK8.5 hoping I could keep the inserts in, the fit was still to tight for my foot. I put thinner inserts in the UK8.5 and the fit works. I’ve got a wide foot, (9E/EE Alden Barrie), and found the ROD is simply not a good last for my particular foot, YMMV.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello,
last month i bought my first pair of Meermin boots (114787, dark brown, shearling lined).

But i have a small problem because the shoe tongue of my left boot always slips to the left.
It only happens to the left boot and it always happens after 10-15 min of walking no matter how i lace the shoes.

Do you have the same problem and would it make sense to stich a hole into the middle of the shoe tongue so that i can pull the laces through it or is there a better solution?
Many people do this, I personally have. I simply use thread through the same holes that are found on the boot to secure the tongue.

jcreadeur

Honest Abe
Reaction score
My Meermin 116210 Brown Shell boots came in today. They are ROD last and 9E. I find these run TTS and fit like most of my Allen Edmonds 10D. A tad tighter then the HOK last for me but they work great.
Too bad the Bourbon color became available today and not last week I would have gotten those instead ??
8D739DB0-DB01-4663-B454-6019EA458FDC.jpeg

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Change your lacing system. Alternate lacing will most likely secure the tongue better if you are using the typical store lacing. You can also use criss-cross if you want, but I find the alternate lacing system more visually appealing.

Hello,

joman8390

Reaction score
My Meermin 116210 Brown Shell boots came in today. They are ROD last and 9E. I find these run TTS and fit like most of my Allen Edmonds 10D. A tad tighter then the HOK last for me but they work great.
Too bad the Bourbon color became available today and not last week I would have gotten those instead ?? View attachment 1740041
Nice! Are those Horween or the heritage shell?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads