• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How often do they restock? I want some snuff suede jodhpurs, but they’re out in my size.
I'm brand new to Meermin and I guess I'm asking if they carry items longterm and restock them, or change it up every season. If they're not likely to bring the suede jodhpurs back, I'll look elsewhere for something similar.

(And maybe someone here could point me in the right direction for that!)

NadalRG

Reaction score
Any pics?

OK, upon further examination, the imperfections noted initially are not that bad, the string that was unraveling was cut by my lovely wife and looks great now, but I found this.

Q98mkpV.jpg

if you zoom it you can see the scratch/ small cut.

I recently became very interested in classic menswear so this is all a learning experience for me, the shoes are very classy and my first quality pair to be honest, so it is what it is.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
I'm brand new to Meermin and I guess I'm asking if they carry items longterm and restock them, or change it up every season. If they're not likely to bring the suede jodhpurs back, I'll look elsewhere for something similar.

(And maybe someone here could point me in the right direction for that!)
They carry core items and offer mto from time to time of repeat items but it’s completely random. Plenty of makers do a nice suede jodhpur boot. I had some by RM Williams but found em hard to take off and put on so stuck to Chelsea boots.

NadalRG

Reaction score
If you have to zoom in I think that’s probably something that can be passed off fella. From that pic those look fine to me.

it's obviously more noticeable in real life, phone cameras are like gym mirrors.

Like I said, I'm just dipping my toes in the sartorial world. I'm getting a couple pairs of AMs soon, I have a possible business trip to NYC coming up so I will stop at Carmina's for sure if I'm there.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK, upon further examination, the imperfections noted initially are not that bad, the string that was unraveling was cut by my lovely wife and looks great now, but I found this.

Q98mkpV.jpg

I recently became very interested in classic menswear so this is all a learning experience for me, the shoes are very classy and my first quality pair to be honest, so it is what it is.
Those shoes look great! And you will never ever notice the little scratch. And the first time you polish them it will disappear. Wear them well and often.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They carry core items and offer mto from time to time of repeat items but it’s completely random. Plenty of makers do a nice suede jodhpur boot. I had some by RM Williams but found em hard to take off and put on so stuck to Chelsea boots.
Thanks. Thursday Boots has a cognac suede pair that looks promising for $199 USD. I think I’ll try those out.

jayvee

Reaction score
I've decided I am going to give my meermin NST shinki cognac boots from last year a hard time this winter. The shell has a greasy sheen to it and the colour has changed to something closer to #4. Interested to see how they develop.

Sinbios

Reaction score

Q98mkpV.jpg

Take some black shoe polish and give it a rub, it'll go away.

behappy

Reaction score
Just got a pair of oxfords in expresso antique. They are nice, but I would prefer a colour closer to dark wood than chocolate, if that makes sense. Could I get closer to this by using a darker shoe polish, and if so, what colour would you recommend?

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, I recently got a pair of Grant Stone boots in a 9.5E and they fit my foot beautifully. I was looking at still possibly getting a pair of the Wholecut Chelsea boots on HIRO last. Would you folks suggest the 8.5UK or 9UK?

I got a pair of the RON loafers this summer in 8.5UK as said before in this thread, but was a bit too narrow and had heel slip in both feet so don't think the last worked for my feet.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
So, I recently got a pair of Grant Stone boots in a 9.5E and they fit my foot beautifully. I was looking at still possibly getting a pair of the Wholecut Chelsea boots on HIRO last. Would you folks suggest the 8.5UK or 9UK?

I got a pair of the RON loafers this summer in 8.5UK as said before in this thread, but was a bit too narrow and had heel slip in both feet so don't think the last worked for my feet.
I’ve not got any Grant Stone, however I nearly pulled the plug and was advised 9.5 was about the same as 9 uk so by that logic I’d say 9?

ChaoticKinesis

Reaction score

I have several pairs of Grant Stones in 9E and 9.5D and they fit me perfectly, while the HIRO boot I tried in 9UK was painfully narrow. I don't recall how the width of 9.5UK would have felt, relative to the Grant Stones, but it was definitely a lot longer.

In my opinion the HIRO last isn't suitable for people who wear a US E width but if you really wanted to match the width of Grant Stone 9.5E, you'd probably need a 10 UK.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have several pairs of Grant Stones in 9E and 9.5D and they fit me perfectly, while the HIRO boot I tried in 9UK was painfully narrow. I don't recall how the width of 9.5UK would have felt, relative to the Grant Stones, but it was definitely a lot longer.

In my opinion the HIRO last isn't suitable for people who wear a US E width but if you really wanted to match the width of Grant Stone 9.5E, you'd probably need a 10 UK.
Thanks, I may try the 9UK as I can wear 10D boots too. I am sort of pretty well on the line of D/E I would say, but not sure. I may try to go to another brand of suede boots to try to make sure first. Wish GS had suede Chelsea boots right now as I'd go for them

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads