• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

NadalRG

Reaction score
Very disappointed with my first pair of Meermin’s. I can understand a couple of imperfections here and there, but the shoe does not look like a $200+ shoe, outside sole looks chipped, and bottom sole walked on, the stitching on the toe box on the right shoe is unraveling.

They do look sturdy and have some weight to them, the finishing however, disappointing indeed.

Crafty Cumbrian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very disappointed with my first pair of Meermin’s. I can understand a couple of imperfections here and there, but the shoe does not look like a $200+ shoe, outside sole looks chipped, and bottom sole walked on, the stitching on the toe box on the right shoe is unraveling.

They do look sturdy and have some weight to them, the finishing however, disappointing indeed.
Any pics?

NadalRG

Reaction score
Any pics?
I’ll take some when I get home. I had seen some comments with the inconsistent/ unrefined finishing of Meermin, but I didn’t think it was going to be this bad.

maybe it’s me? I’ll post them up when I get home and hear back from the experts here.

Crafty Cumbrian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ll take some when I get home. I had seen some comments with the inconsistent/ unrefined finishing of Meermin, but I didn’t think it was going to be this bad.

maybe it’s me? I’ll post them up when I get home and hear back from the experts here.
I’ve seen plenty of criticism over the years but I’ve had one pair with an issue that was a leather issue which was quickly resolved. The rest have been excellent. I’m merely a customer btw and they form a small part of my rotation.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Crafty Cumbrian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That’s a pretty dramatic difference in shades! Are they both Shinki?!
Both Shinki Olive Shell. Truth be told I thought they’d both look like the NST boots. I saw a couple of pairs on other platforms so was kind of forewarned that they may not be. The Jumper boots are cool but you couldn’t say they were olive.

saskatoonjay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How often do they restock? I want some snuff suede jodhpurs, but they’re out in my size.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup, I had that too!
What is crazy is I believe you and I both ordered within a couple of hours after receiving the email. But seem to be the very last ones to receive them...lol. I’ve been seeing them pop up every where on people’s feeds. Those jumpers are gorgeous, I added shearling to mine, but yeah kind of disappointing in terms of Olive coloring.

Crafty Cumbrian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is crazy is I believe you and I both ordered within a couple of hours after receiving the email. But seem to be the very last ones to receive them...lol. I’ve been seeing them pop up every where on people’s feeds. Those jumpers are gorgeous, I added shearling to mine, but yeah kind of disappointing in terms of Olive coloring.
I’ve had a belief for a while that they produce in reverse order. Doesn’t pay to be first in the que!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's