• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

attk

Reaction score

Just a heads up for those in the Brown Museum Calf Mk. II group buy - delivery dates have been pushed back to the end of Nov, due to Ileca being no more, and the subsequent delays in securing what was last of the museum calf leather. 

It is sad to hear the delay, hope the quality of museum calf would be fine....

SouthNarc

Reaction score

Just a heads up for those in the Brown Museum Calf Mk. II group buy - delivery dates have been pushed back to the end of Nov, due to Ileca being no more, and the subsequent delays in securing what was last of the museum calf leather. 

Thanks for the update Alex.:)

AchtungBaby07

Reaction score

Same reason Plum Museum Calf MTO will only be delivered end of November

Thanks for the update Terror. Did Pepe share where they were sourcing the remaining plum museum leather from given that Iicea has gone bust? Or more of the case whereby Llcea is still supplying the leather, but was delayed?

All Tatters

Reaction score
I have the suede ones on Ama last. The only one pair from Meermin that I regret buying

I, for one, really loved them: the last is imho more elegant than the Hiro and works well with the wholecut type. The color is nice but alas more difficult to 'dress up' than darker or lighter suede. The suede quality is ok but you shouldn't expect top notch suede at this price point.

Awaiting the size 10 after returning my 9.5's which were too small.

Last edited:

infrafai

Reaction score
How do you guys comment on Class line of Meermin and Loake 1880 series? In term of quality and price-to-value.

Since the price of both are similar, i am considering my first pruchase on Meermin.

Thanks.

Maybachh

Reaction score
I have only positive experiences. Recommend. Have two pairs for and just ordered third pair. All of these have been classic line shoes.

mmmtttt

Reaction score
How do you guys comment on Class line of Meermin and Loake 1880 series? In term of quality and price-to-value.

Since the price of both are similar, i am considering my first pruchase on Meermin.

Thanks.

I have no meermin but as far as Loake 1880 goes they are really nice shoes, they are usually more expensive than meermins though.

What Im assuming is that AE/loake 1880/meermin are all of similar quality, so to me the decisions seems more to be one of pricing and what models you want/fit well.

Last edited:

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Along those lines, I'd mention Jalan Swirijaya. Generally only available in Japan or South Korea but you can get them from Unipair on SF. Costs a little bit more than AE or Loake, but the finishing and construction is much better. I've not had my pairs long enough to speak to the quality of the calf leather (only that it isn't corrected).

Can't speak to Meermin, but I just got confirmation that my order has been completed (the shell split toes) and I'm now awaiting a bill.

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Generally speaking most would consider the Meermin linea maestro line to be on par with Loake, meermin excel and newer and more contemporary designs too where as loake tend to stick to the classics. The classic line I would say is not as good as the loake 1880 range or AE but its also notably cheaper in price as well so. I have no complaints with my classic range, happy with the purchase but the above is how I would compare them and I've seen others make the same comparisons previously in the thread.

JayH

Reaction score
I have just received my first pair of Meermin shoes a pair Black calf tassel loafers. I am happy with the purchase, only having worn them once I can not attest for longevity but initial thoughts are very good. They did break my feet down after a few hours though! I won't be going sockless for a while.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads