1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Meermin

Meermin Senior member

The Park last is not a narrow one in the toe area, at first, unless you have a very wide feet, it is not recommendable to upsize from your regular size.

Thanks!

- Meermin Mallorca Shoes -

If you need any further information or assistance please contact us at: info@meermin.es

Facebook · Instagram · Tumblr · Twitter · Pinterest

2. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Senior member

Thanks for the update, will email you as I haven't got mine yet.

Just out of curiosity did you rename copper to gold on the website, in terms of belts?

Dark brown museums look great too :)

3. leetpuma

leetpuma Senior member

I have found the olfe to size exactly like 348 in a try on in the C&J store

4. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

Cool, now what about the other copper brogue?

5. laufer

laufer Senior member

Hey guys,

has anyone ordered Meermin with Norvegese stitching? What do you think about it? Is it worth an extra expense?

6. Meermin

Meermin Senior member

Hi Ironist,

Thanks for your interest!

The Copper suede cap toe brogued MTO group is already lasted and starting handwelting along next week.

We will keep you all informed.

Thanks!

Best regards,

- The Meermin Team -

- Meermin Mallorca Shoes -

If you need any further information or assistance please contact us at: info@meermin.es

Facebook · Instagram · Tumblr · Twitter · Pinterest

1 person likes this.
  7. techaview

techaview Senior member

Hi meermin, any update on the austerity brogues dark brown museum MTO? Thanks

8. V1KTA222

V1KTA222 Senior member

Meermin sent me a pic of these black balmoral boots with dainite sole that they currently have in stock:

[​IMG]

Could I wear them to a job interview in a CBD environment, or would I come off as too much of a dandy?

9. cbfn

cbfn Senior member

I wish I could say yes, as I love black bal boots - However, boots in general are seen as bit of no-no in some business environments in my experience, even though they are nicer than 99 per cent of the squared-toed Ecoos other people wear.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
  10. aussiejake

aussiejake Senior member

Those are perfectly fine for a job interview or 90% of formal situations. Pants will come down over the majority of the upper half and black cap toe calf is pretty damn formal.

11. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Senior member

In convention and theory the answer would be no but in practise I think it depends on your location. Some places are more observant and have expectations like not wearing boots in a cbd setting in Australia, NZ and other places whilst it might be a styleforum no no, you could wear those without anyone thinking anything other than a nice pair of shoes.

12. konda

konda Senior member

What do you guys base these opinions on? Seems to me these are just personal hunches.

13. cbfn

cbfn Senior member

Yep, it depends on the business culture.

14. konda

konda Senior member

^ I'll accept that.

I feel at least in the Nordics one can put those on for any job interview. I mean people wear these in the banking industry for crying out loud.

[​IMG]

15. monkeymajik

monkeymajik Member

How was comparison for instep and width for Olfe and Hiro last?.
    interested in the suede chelsea boot

16. cbfn

cbfn Senior member

Most of times people don't care what shoes you are wearing as long as they are somewhat formal. However, I would not take the chance of those few who would think you were weird for wearing boots to an interview; this is not the point to distract focus away from the presentation of yourself to what you are wearing; I don't even wear a pocket square during my interviews.

17. V1KTA222

V1KTA222 Senior member

Thanks for your opinions, guys. I've been told what was appropriate and not for an interview suit in my work environment, but boots vs shoes never came up. What's confusing is that the mentors telling me what is appropriate wear suits that don't fit and square toes shoes haha.

Anyways, in my work culture tie bars and pocket squares may be too flashy, so I will assume boots are too.

18. cbfn

cbfn Senior member

However, this is only for the interview itself; after you have been hired they are fully okay IMO.

19. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

Aren't balmoral boots traditionally more formal than oxfords? A punch toe in black seems pretty good to me.Only thing is the country calf upper but I don't think it's that big of a deal since they shouldn't see that they are boots unless they pay very close attention when you are sitting down.

20. V1KTA222

V1KTA222 Senior member

Ah, yeah that's what I thought, but was curious if this was accepted standard in some CBD workplaces. Seems like bal boots could either be ultra formal or eccentric, depending on who's looking.

There is a septieme largeur pair without the county calf upper I am looking at also. If I can't find a good pair of regular oxfords that fit (I have the dreaded normal forefoot, low volume, small heel syndrome) I may take my chances with the bal boot.