Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. stevent

stevent Senior member

Yeah mine got stuck too with same delivery date, maybe they missed a form? Did you email Pepe yet? It's already 7pm in Spain

2. ryantmccoy

ryantmccoy Member

I didn't. I received a call from Fedex this morning when i got into work. After talking to the Fedex agent, they emailed over two forms for me to fill out - a interim footwear invoice that detailed the materials used in the shoes and a importer ID form.

3. eyeofthetig3r

eyeofthetig3r Active Member

Just received my meermin shoes today. Very happy with them except they are too small. I shouldn't have sized down. These are 7.5UK. I should have got 8UK. If anyone wants these please let me know.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. stevent

stevent Senior member

hmm ok, I didn't get a call from them, will call them myself then.

5. Zarium

Zarium Senior member

Both these shoes should be of the same leather, right? The website says that they're both "dark brown". The monkstraps seem to have so much more character and depth than the brogues. Perhaps this is just an issue with lighting? I'm considering a pair of brogues in the second picture (ordering two pairs) but it seems to be somewhat bland.

6. hikari013

hikari013 Senior member

^ Looks like the lighting issue to me. The brogues look like they have been photographed with light coming in through the window which makes them look flat and more blue.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  7. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

I really like this last, but what is up with the laces? Are the lace holes really this far apart or is it distorted in the picture?

8. cbfn

cbfn Senior member

What are your size in other lasts if I may ask?

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  9. RDiaz

RDiaz Senior member

I have a similar model in the same last and the lace holes aren't that far apart, don't know what's wrong with these pictures...

10. kev777

kev777 Senior member

As i was the photographer of the Monks i can tell you both that the photos were taken outdoors in natural sunlight with the sun behind casting the shadow and that indeed the shoes do have wonderful character and depth. I can honestly say the finish is as good if not better than C&J Belgraves, whether they hold up as well remains to be seen but as ive previously said for the money paid its remarkable.

The leather used on the uppers of the Linea Maestro is Naturcalf from Tannerie d'Anonnay France and as a layman is this comparable quality to what the so called higher end manufacturers use ??

11. Zarium

Zarium Senior member

I really like the way the shoes turned out in your photos. The photos on Meermin's website look almost uninspiring - just a flat, dark brown. I've emailed Jose to ask if the same leather is used in both shoes - if they are, I think I'll end up getting the brogues. I don't really like the six-eyelet configuration though, and I have to say the lace holes do indeed look quite far apart in those photos.

12. chiggafied

chiggafied Well-Known Member

What is your usual US size out of curiosity? Did you size down a half size or full? I'm usually an 8.5/9 US and I sized down to 7.5UK in the Carmina Inca last and they fit me just perfect. I'm thinking about getting a pair of dark calf monks which is why I'm inquiring.

13. eyeofthetig3r

eyeofthetig3r Active Member

I usually wear a size 42 or 9US but I found that my shoes were a bit roomy so I sized down half a size. They ended up being too tight. Do you guys think there is something wrong with the lace holes for just my pair or are all models supposed to be like this?

14. chiggafied

chiggafied Well-Known Member

Well judging by their product shots, it looks like they space their lace holes that way on most of their shoes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. david3558

david3558 Senior member

So you're saying you should have went with the 8UK but instead went 7.5UK right? I'm also a 9D US but after providing an outline of both a well fitting shoe and a tracing of my foot, scanned and measured for Pepe and Jose @ Meermin, I was suggested to go for the 8.5UK sizing! Are you familiar with any other lasts (any brand really, Alden, C&J, EG, etc).

The lace holes do look a bit far apart...